2020 Ford Explorer ST ATLAS BLUE ORDERED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Ford Explorer ST ATLAS BLUE ORDERED

STGUY

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Ordered a Atlas Blue ST yesterday for my wife. Customer Order (retail) I am familiar with Fords ordering system. I ordered a 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack Race Red. Was the number 2 mustang delivered in Virginia. Also have ordered 2 other Fords (Mustang and Explorer Sport). I know the auto industry pretty well. I run a 30 bay automotive garage. I am coming in "late" with my explorer order. I hope I get a VIN number soon. We are going on Vacation in July. Be nice to have that new explorer for our annual beach trip!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not familiar with Ford New order tracking though. COTUS was the way I always did it. Does the new system provide any new input? Or is it the same thing just rebadge? Anyone have any insights?

Just wanted to say "Welcome to the Forum".:wave:

Peter

Thanks for the welcoming. I was a founding member of mustang6g. See how this goes!

Things must be going ok at Chicago Assembly Plant. Placed order for 2020 Ford Explorer ST on April 25th. I just got my VIN number today from dealer!! Never thought it be that fast. Production date week for July 8th right now!! Wooooohooooooooo

Production starts on Monday :chug:

Hopefully they dont have many issues with the builds and the "ok to buy" gets given early. If so, retail orders will get pushed up.

Be nice if the achieve that within the first 2 weeks. Thats really optimistic. But I can hope.

Just an update from some Ford performance/team mustang guys that I know...only hiccups thus far are with the aviator. Super early but all I got.

Did you hear anything new since Monday?

My build date slipped two days. July 12 to July 15. Not too bad from the original April est.

My build date slipped two days. July 12 to July 15. Not too bad from the original April est.

15-12=2?

Lol, had to.. no pun intended. :laugh:

Placed an ST order on May 13. So far my only acknowledgement from a Ford rep says "in order processing". No "unscheduled clean" or the like. Not especially encouraging. I expect Canadian cars are on a much lower production priority than US cars.

Jacob

............................. I expect Canadian cars are on a much lower production priority than US cars.

Jacob
I don't think that is true. An order is an order.

Peter

Placed an ST order on May 13. So far my only acknowledgement from a Ford rep says "in order processing". No "unscheduled clean" or the like. Not especially encouraging. I expect Canadian cars are on a much lower production priority than US cars.

Jacob

That means your order hasn't been pulled by Ford. This could be a dealer allocation issue.

God I’m a dumb blank. July 13th to 15th not 12th. . And yeah agree with blwnsmoke sounds like dealer allocation issue.

That means your order hasn't been pulled by Ford. This could be a dealer allocation issue.

Do you know if any Canadian orders have been pulled based on members' posts?

Anybody know if any dealer orders or customer orders are actually IN TRANSIT. I know the dealers list it as IN TRANSIT on there website but that is not very accurate. Supposedly even though OK to buy has been received nothing has left the factory yet.

Sqw pictures of one in Detroit and apparently a dealer there has a lot full of them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody know if any dealer orders or customer orders are actually IN TRANSIT. I know the dealers list it as IN TRANSIT on there website but that is not very accurate. Supposedly even though OK to buy has been received nothing has left the factory yet.
2020 Explorers Are Shipping

Peter

Back