2020 ST ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST ordered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so front plate holder is factory installed not dealer installed?

Yes, unfortunately, factory installed. When I custom ordered my 2016 and 2018 Explorers, I tried everything -- including corresponding with Ford's SUV product manager -- to prevent the front license-plate holder from being installed at the factory, but I was unsuccessful.

While Massachusetts requires front and back display of the state's newer red, white, and blue license plates, I have several of the old 'green" Massachusetts plates that are required to be mounted only on the rear of the vehicle. While I argued that Massachusetts does not require a front plate for all vehicles, both my 2016 and 2018 Explorers arrived with factory-installed front plate holders. I promptly removed them and plugged the holes with plugs painted to match the color of the bumper.

Does it specify a front LP mount on the window sticker?

It says "front license plate bracket - No charge". I know this code is optional on states that do not require a front plate and could be removed. This is possibly where it went wrong because the code was kept on there. Where as, states that require 2 plates, this code can NOT be removed. This is probably why both my other vehicles did not have them mounted.

It says "front license plate bracket - No charge". I know this code is optional on states that do not require a front plate and could be removed. This is possibly where it went wrong because the code was kept on there. Where as, states that require 2 plates, this code can NOT be removed. This is probably why both my other vehicles did not have them mounted.
MI is a 1 plate state though. I'm confused, was this one ordered in MI?

MI is a 1 plate state though. I'm confused, was this one ordered in MI?

Yes but the front plate code was added to my order. So I am assuming because the code was added, the factory is installing it. If he would have left the code off (which is allowed for MI orders), it wouldn't have come with a front plate.

Yes but the front plate code was added to my order. So I am assuming because the code was added, the factory is installing it. If he would have left the code off (which is allowed for MI orders), it wouldn't have come with a front plate.
Ah OK, thank you. For some reason I thought you were in a different state.

That's super annoying and a departure from the 5th gens.

Ah OK, thank you. For some reason I thought you were in a different state.

That's super annoying and a departure from the 5th gens.

I am, I am in NH which is a 2 plate state. But orders are placed based on the delivery state. Wish I would have known to have him delete the code. Would have bought one of those sto n sho brackets so I didnt have to drill.

Well, My wife and I may be forgoing the ST completely.

After looking at a Lincoln MKC for my mother in law this weekend, we saw a Nautilus Black Label with the 2.7 on the showroom floor in White Platinum with Onyx theme. We fell in love!!! It was missing a couple features so last night I began an extensive search for exactly what we would want.

Sticker is $68,700 for what we want (found 2 in about 800 miles away at different dealerships). After a very to the point email to both GMs about wanting there 1 and only best offer, they offered $6,400 off sticker plus rebates (theybwere within $100 of each other). I have a $500 cash rebate and a $750 Private rebate so we are talking $7,650 off sticker (they are $450 above Aplan aka dealer cost) We also get 1.9% for 72 months.

The payment is actually cheaper by about $80 a month then the ST based on credit union rates on a 72 month loan for the Explorer.

Longer warranty, unlimited car washes for life, 4yr/50k maintenance included, free lincoln loaner cars and free pickup/dropoff at my house or work for service (they bring a loaner to me and take my car to the dealership for service, then return it to me when completed).

Going to decide by tomorrow but to me seems like a no brainer.

Thus is what it looks like, used this dealer for pics.

43206.jpeg

43203.jpeg

Screenshot_20190711-201957_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-201949_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-201938_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-201910_Chrome.jpg

After looking at a Lincoln MKC for my mother in law this weekend, we saw a Nautilus Black Label with the 2.7 on the showroom floor in White Platinum with Onyx theme. We fell in love!!! It was missing a couple features so last night I began an extensive search for exactly what we would want.

Sticker is $68,700 for what we want (found 2 in about 800 miles away at different dealerships). After a very to the point email to both GMs about wanting there 1 and only best offer, they offered $6,400 off sticker plus rebates (theybwere within $100 of each other). I have a $500 cash rebate and a $750 Private rebate so we are talking $7,650 off sticker. Also 0% for 72 months. We also get 1.9% for 72 months.

The payment is actually cheaper by about $80 a month then the ST based on credit union rates on a 72 month loan for the Explorer.

Longer warranty, unlimited car washes for life, 4yr/50k maintenance included, free lincoln loaner cars and free pickup/dropoff at my house or work for service (they bring a loaner to me and take my car to the dealership for service, then return it to me when completed).

View attachment 171770

View attachment 171771

View attachment 171779

View attachment 171780

View attachment 171781

View attachment 171782
Lincolns are almost worth it for the service loaners alone!

Sticker is $68,700 for what we want (found 2 in about 800 miles away at different dealerships). After a very to the point email to both GMs about wanting there 1 and only best offer, they offered $6,400 off sticker plus rebates (theybwere within $100 of each other). I have a $500 cash rebate and a $750 Private rebate so we are talking $7,650 off sticker. Also 0% for 72 months. We also get 1.9% for 72 months.

View attachment 171770

View attachment 171771

View attachment 171779

View attachment 171780

View attachment 171781

View attachment 171782

We just bought a Nautilus about a month ago, its a really nice truck. It's my spouse's daily driver. Nice to drive and really comfortable

We just bought a Nautilus about a month ago, its a really nice truck. It's my spouse's daily driver. Nice to drive and really comfortable

We sat in the 5 row massage seats.. I cant believe how well they work in this vehicle. It is true kneading across 5 rows of airbags. Wife and I sat in and turned it on, looked at each other and smiled as our whole thighs, butt and back were being massaged.

The Nautilus is very nice, but it cracks me up that blwn busted on everyone how the 2020 Explorer ST is the greatest vehicle since the Model T yet goes for the Lincoln...awesome.

The Nautilus is very nice, but it cracks me up that blwn busted on everyone how the 2020 Explorer ST is the greatest vehicle since the Model T yet goes for the Lincoln...awesome.

No clue what you are talking about.

We sat in the 5 row massage seats.. I cant believe how well they work in this vehicle. It is true kneading across 5 rows of airbags. Wife and I sat in and turned it on, looked at each other and smiled as our whole thighs, butt and back were being massaged.
yea they feel great, that's why I ordered my St with the premium tech pack because it comes with massage seats too!

yea they feel great, that's why I ordered my St with the premium tech pack because it comes with massage seats too!

That tablet portrait screen on the premium package just looks plain ugly.

No clue what you are talking about.

I hope you don't leave us in dust Blwnsmok

Sticker is $68,700 for what we want (found 2 in about 800 miles away at different dealerships). After a very to the point email to both GMs about wanting there 1 and only best offer, they offered $6,400 off sticker plus rebates (theybwere within $100 of each other). I have a $500 cash rebate and a $750 Private rebate so we are talking $7,650 off sticker (they are $450 above Aplan aka dealer cost) We also get 1.9% for 72 months.

View attachment 171770

View attachment 171771

View attachment 171779

View attachment 171780

View attachment 171781

View attachment 171782

The screen is outdated. The steering wheel on the ST looks 10 times better. This is not comparable to ST. ST will be a beast. Why would you choose this over ST?

That tablet portrait screen on the premium package just looks plain ugly.
I’m not the biggest fan of it but seeing it in person and sitting in the truck with it, it’s not as bad as the pics make it look.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have those seats in my 2017 Platinum but have yet to even turn them on.:)

Peter

Back