Atlas Blue ST ordered...waiting patiently | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Atlas Blue ST ordered...waiting patiently

D

Deleted member 348855

Hello everyone. New to this forum and thought I should register after seeing some great posts with a lot of helpful information. Back in May I placed an order for an Atlas Blue ST with Street Pack, Tech Pack and moonroof. Dealer stated it most likely will not show up until October / November (I'm in Canada). For reasons unknown I tend to always order vehicles in May and they usually arrive in August but so far no vin has been generated for this order.

Any idea on when Canadian orders are starting to be built?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Although I could be wrong, I doubt that Canadian models follow any different production schedule than those for the U.S. I believe any delay might be due to getting sufficient numbers to make up a load to Canada. I doubt that you are looking at an October/November delivery.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Although I could be wrong, I doubt that Canadian models follow any different production schedule than those for the U.S. I believe any delay might be due to getting sufficient numbers to make up a load to Canada. I doubt that you are looking at an October/November delivery.

Peter

I hope it arrives earlier as well but I was just going off of previous orders and that the Canadian order bank opened up months after the US. Fingers crossed it shows up in August / September.

Received my VIN and have a build date for the week of Sept 9th. Fingers crossed it isn't a Friday build and that it shows up by the end of September.

Received my VIN and have a build date for the week of Sept 9th. Fingers crossed it isn't a Friday build and that it shows up by the end of September.

That would only mean something if they weren't running weekend shifts which they are. "Friday l" builds are no different than Tuesdays or Thursdays

That would only mean something if they weren't running weekend shifts which they are. "Friday l" builds are no different than Tuesdays or Thursdays

That's good to hear as I've had quite a few Friday builds over the years and the majority of those were lemons.

Today is the day mine is scheduled to be built. Fingers crossed all goes well as the dealer is currently showing an ETA of Sept 22 for them to receive it.

I had an Email from my dealer today, letting me know that the Atlas Blue that I ordered in January
should be at the dealer 2rd week of October.

Like you I live in Canada, Ottawa to be precise.

Now once the dealer has it, let's hope I can afford to purchase it with the hefty price increase.
I will only know once it's on the dealers lot.

Brian

I had an Email from my dealer today, letting me know that the Atlas Blue that I ordered in January

Now once the dealer has it, let's hope I can afford to purchase it with the hefty price increase.

Brian

Are you planning to trade in 2018 Sport? I traded in mine and now have a 4 year finance loan.

Brian

You wont know if you can afford it till it arrives? Huh?

Are you planning to trade in 2018 Sport? I traded in mine and now have a 4 year finance loan.

My 2018 is a 3 year lease, I will be trading it in.

You wont know if you can afford it till it arrives? Huh?

Yep.
Due to my 2018 being a lease that I had for only 18 months (May 2018) with a little over 41K km on it. (3rd sport since 2013)
It all depends on what magic my dealer works out once the ST arrives
right now my lease payment is around $850.00 per month and I do not want to go to much higher than that.

He is waiting to see what the residual on the ST is before he can work out a final monthly payment, as you know it changes every month.

We are leaving for vacation today, will see if the dealer has a better idea when I return at the end of the month.

Brian

My 2018 is a 3 year lease, I will be trading it in.

Yep.
Due to my 2018 being a lease that I had for only 18 months (May 2018) with a little over 41K km on it. (3rd sport since 2013)
It all depends on what magic my dealer works out once the ST arrives
right now my lease payment is around $850.00 per month and I do not want to go to much higher than that.

He is waiting to see what the residual on the ST is before he can work out a final monthly payment, as you know it changes every month.

We are leaving for vacation today, will see if the dealer has a better idea when I return at the end of the month.

Brian

I've thought about leasing a weekend vehicle as I keep my commuter POS for my weekday adventures to work. But wow, $850 a month for a lease seems crazy (no offense). I know Canadian vehicles cost more but I am paying $822 a month for my ST on a 72 month loan with $0 down.

With Employee Pricing up there, your pricing should be pretty close to US pricing. I guess I could just never justify paying that much on a lease when I could own it for that much and even after 3 or 4 years, sell it and get some money back on it.

With Employee Pricing up there, your pricing should be pretty close to US pricing. I guess I could just never justify paying that much on a lease when I could own it for that much and even after 3 or 4 years, sell it and get some money back on it.

Employee pricing is not on the 2020 Explorer, and my payment is tax deductible as its a company lease
I just went onto ford.ca and to purchase for 60 months the payment would be $1200.00 per month.

Brian

Employee pricing is not on the 2020 Explorer, and my payment is tax deductible as its a company lease
I just went onto ford.ca and to purchase for 60 months the payment would be $1200.00 per month.

Brian
Hey Brian. I looked at the current lease interest rates and figured it would cost me about $21 a month more to lease the Aviator. I won't be 'in the market' until about June/July next year when I'll have about 3+ months left on my 48 month lease and expect the dealer to come calling. According to AutoTrader, it looks like your '18 Sport would be selling for around $43-$45k.

Peter

Brian

Interesting as my dealer said that as long as my order arrives by Sept 30th they can put it through with the employee pricing.

My order has been placed into "In transit". From what I could track down, the order is with the transport company and should be picked up on Monday and to the dealer by Wednesday.

Interesting as my dealer said that as long as my order arrives by Sept 30th they can put it through with the employee pricing.

Pretty sure @peterk9 confirmed 2020 Explorers were not part of employee pricing. When you go to the employee pricing site, it does not list the employee discount on the Explorer but does on the rest.

Ford Vehicle Showroom

Except this build week has a Friday the 13th.......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess I will find out next week for certain... If the dealer gave me a line of bull I still get X Plan and I'll see what happens from there.
If you build one on the Ford.ca website you will see that there is no Employee Pricing discount on the Explorer. The Aviator has it.

Peter

Back