New 2020 Explorer Platinum Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2020 Explorer Platinum Ordered

Sorry to hear that Peter. Perhaps it's the priority code that was entered in the order. My Dealer told me that Ford is NOT accepting "sold" orders as of yet, only general stock orders (which is what my order was coded). It has something to do with the pending certifications from the Feds (EPA, etc.), and Ford doesn't want to have to put a hold on or recall any sold orders in case the certs are delayed. My order has intended build week of May 20th - I hope that holds true. I don't know what kind of dealer allocation has been set for Canada, but my Dealer told me that the first production run was sold out two weeks ago, and future allocations will be by sales volume, etc. factors. Hope you can lock-in your order. Ima

I'd suggest you get a second opinion about all this from a different Ford dealership. I ordered my 2020 Explorer on February 9, and the order was accepted by Ford Motor Company on February 20. My dealer and I discussed placing this order as either a STOCK order (i.e., a vehicle for the dealer's inventory) or a RETAIL order (i.e., the vehicle is built explicitly for me). I wanted the order submitted as RETAIL, and that's what my dealership did. I now have a VIN and assembly has been scheduled for mid-June.

Either your dealer is unaware that orders for 2020 Explorers have been accepted since mid-January, or your dealer doesn't want your business.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be wrong but I don't believe we've seen any posts here about 2020 orders from Canada. My dealer tried, he configured a Platinum, but a message popped up saying he could not place the order. This seems to happen every year. We can't even Build & Price it yet on Ford.ca.

Peter

Peter, I reached out to Patrick who is my Canada contact for ESPs to forum members. He confirmed this morning 2020s can be ordered as well.

20190421_094938.jpg

I'd suggest you get a second opinion about all this from a different Ford dealership. I ordered my 2020 Explorer on February 9, and the order was accepted by Ford Motor Company on February 20. My dealer and I discussed placing this order as either a STOCK order (i.e., a vehicle for the dealer's inventory) or a RETAIL order (i.e., the vehicle is built explicitly for me). I wanted the order submitted as RETAIL, and that's what my dealership did. I now have a VIN and assembly has been scheduled for mid-June.

I'm confused, I thought RETAIL orders weren't even selected for scheduling until OK To Buy is given (which might be early June). I don't understand how your vehicle could be scheduled yet if it is a RETAIL order. I'm interested because I placed a RETAIL order in mid-February as well, but I haven't harassed my dealer for an update since I thought my vehicle wouldn't even be selected for scheduling until OK To Buy is given. Can anyone shed some light on this apparent paradox?

I'm confused, I thought RETAIL orders weren't even selected for scheduling until OK To Buy is given (which might be early June). I don't understand how your vehicle could be scheduled yet if it is a RETAIL order. I'm interested because I placed a RETAIL order in mid-February as well, but I haven't harassed my dealer for an update since I thought my vehicle wouldn't even be selected for scheduling until OK To Buy is given. Can anyone shed some light on this apparent paradox?

They won't be built till "ok to buy" is given but they will be scheduled. Ford already predicts how long they think it will take and schedules accordingly. Your build week/day will fluctuate based on their timeline changing (could be pushed up a few weeks or back a few weeks).

I received word from my dealer that my new ride had completed production as of Saturday (06/01/2019). Ford has not yet released it for shipment (likely via rail to Maryland distribution center, and then by carrier to central PA). I'll let you know when it arrives.

Likely it is sitting in a lot with many others waiting for the "Okay to Buy" order to be given so it can be shipped.

Peter

Likely it is sitting in a lot with many others waiting for the "Okay to Buy" order to be given so it can be shipped.

Peter

Will still need to go through another inspection and we are talking at least a few thousand at this point if not more based on 500 a week.

The New Ride Has ARRIVED!
My 2020 Explorer Platinum has finally arrived at the dealership yesterday (July 23rd).
I briefly had a chance to see it yesterday, and it looks great.
As soon as the dealer gets it prepped and the various accessories and pinstriping installed, I'll take a few photos and post them here.
Best regards to everyone. Ima

The New Ride Has ARRIVED!
My 2020 Explorer Platinum has finally arrived at the dealership yesterday (July 23rd).
I briefly had a chance to see it yesterday, and it looks great.
As soon as the dealer gets it prepped and the various accessories and pinstriping installed, I'll take a few photos and post them here.
Congratulations! What sort of goodies are you adding on?

Ford bug shield, painted Star White (both sides) to match vehicle color, with clear topcoat and Explorer letters (the kind used on the ST hood) affixed on shield; Ford mud flaps (front & rear); roof rack crossbars; Michelin Primacy Tour A/S 275/45R21 tires (swapped for Pirelli 21" tires); WeatherTech floor mats and side air deflectors; Console Vault locking vault for front arm rest; dual pinstripe (charcoal grey and gold - metallic). That ought to complete the package. I'll send photos when it's all done. Best regards to all. Ima

Forget the weather tech and get the Husky exact contour. A far better mat than weathertech.

Forget the weather tech and get the Husky exact contour. A far better mat than weathertech.

Well, since we all get to choose what we like to install in our vehicles in this country, I'll stick with WeatherTech - Made in America, by Americans, for Americans.
However, Ford has apparently kept the pertinent specs for certain add-on items close to the vest until very, very recently, so getting WeatherTech floor and cargo mats, together with side air deflectors will be a bit delayed. I'll just have to wait until those items become available. I was surprised that the folks at Console Vault had actual product for the 2020 Explorer console. The FedEx Tracking says it should arrive the coming Tuesday. Then I'll be able to safely store my self-protection firearms onboard in the new ride.

Well, since we all get to choose what we like to install in our vehicles in this country, I'll stick with WeatherTech - Made in America, by Americans, for Americans.
However, Ford has apparently kept the pertinent specs for certain add-on items close to the vest until very, very recently, so getting WeatherTech floor and cargo mats, together with side air deflectors will be a bit delayed. I'll just have to wait until those items become available. I was surprised that the folks at Console Vault had actual product for the 2020 Explorer console. The FedEx Tracking says it should arrive the coming Tuesday. Then I'll be able to safely store my self-protection firearms onboard in the new ride.

Husky mats are designed and made in Kansas which I believe is part of the USA too. Still a far better product than weathertech.

But you are absolutely right. Everyone does have the right in this country to choose an inferior product if they want.

Husky mats are designed and made in Kansas which I believe is part of the USA too. Still a far better product than weathertech.

But you are absolutely right. Everyone does have the right in this country to choose an inferior product if they want.

Those who tend to hold a perspective that their own personal views of matters are superior to those of others can be best described by a number of synonyms, none of which are flattering. I have noticed that you seem to have a tendency to exhibit that abrasive trait, which is not the least bit complementary to your comments, and diminishes whatever positive aspects your comments might contain.

Those who tend to hold a perspective that their own personal views of matters are superior to those of others can be best described by a number of synonyms, none of which are flattering. I have noticed that you seem to have a tendency to exhibit that abrasive trait, which is not the least bit complementary to your comments, and diminishes whatever positive aspects your comments might contain.

Frankly if I cared whether every single person in the world thought positively of my posts, than I wouldn't post at all as there isnt a single person out there that can please everybody.

Your comment about essentially supporting Weathertech because it is designed and made in the USA is thrown out the window since Husky is the same (so they are equal on that level)

Being that I have seen and felt Weathertech as well as owning 3 sets of Huskys, it is a fact that Husky is a better mat and majority if not all members here who have had both would agree as it has been discussed for the past 8 years.

Not only going by the quality of the rubber (weathertech is a very hard plastic) compared to the durability and softness of the Husky. Also going by the 5th gen examples of product, the Husky covered more area on the carpet than the WTs including the door sills which the WTs lacked.

Removing the mats, especially the 2nd row was much easier when cleaning because you could cup them much easier.

So again, although the WT is a good mad, they are inferior on multiple levels than the Husky.

The ole saying, cant please them all....

I have been using the Husky liners because of their superior coverage as mentioned above and several times in the 5th gen forum on liners. The Husky liner covers the carpeted area right over to the door sill and also cover the whole 'dead pedal'. I believe the lip also extends higher. I have never understood why WeatherTech hasn't brought up their liners to cover the carpet at the door sill. Patent? To me, living where I am and with the Winters we have, that is a big deal.

Peter

Well Peter, there are those of us that don't particularly want those foot-well, form-fitting mats. I rather like the plain old-fashioned floor mats that sit flat on the floor, just like the OEM carpeted ones. And since I'm the guy paying for them, I'll be choosing the type that suits me. Best regards. Ima

Well Peter, there are those of us that don't particularly want those foot-well, form-fitting mats. I rather like the plain old-fashioned floor mats that sit flat on the floor, just like the OEM carpeted ones. And since I'm the guy paying for them, I'll be choosing the type that suits me. Best regards. Ima
I think there may have been some misunderstanding here. Sorry. Many people refer to the 'liners' as 'mats'. Since you clearly bought the floor mats, my post doesn't apply as I was talking about the floor liners. Sorry. Are they that much better than the Ford OEM ones? I believe they are also mats and not liners and a big improvement over the ones offered for the earlier Explorers.

Peter

Good Evening Everyone,

A bit earlier in this thread that I started, I promised to post a few photos of my new ride once it arrived.
However, I forgot to do that until this evening, and I apologize for that oversight.
As you will note from attached photos, the new ride has a custom-painted Ford bug-shield with Explorer ST letters attached; a custom, hand-painted dual pin-stripe (metallic Charcoal and Gold); Ford mud flaps; Ford roof rack cross-bars; Ford 21” forged Aluminum wheels and Michelin Primacy Tour A/S tires (275/45R21) as well.
This vehicle has 800.5 miles on it as of today.
The WeatherTech side window air deflectors are not yet available, but I was able to buy and install a new Console Vault in the front center console.
The ride and handling are great, and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

2020 Explorer Platinum #1 .JPG

2020 Explorer Platinum #2.JPG

2020 Explorer Platinum #3.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. The headlights look like they are tinted.

Peter

Back