My 1992 2 door jeep killer build | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

awesome build dude congrats!! Looking into that solo kit myself and will probably pull the trigger on that soon. Whats the part number on those deaver leafs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Angels Peak and Lucky Strike trail up here in Vegas going up Mt Charleston.

Nothing better than the jeep killer going over the first big step rock and the jeep failing.

Step is maybe 30" tall while being on a loose steep hill anyway.

Excellent work. Impressive build and super quick!

As far as the hubs go, I have grabbed about 4 sets from the Jalopy Jungle. They go for about $15/ea. That is one of the items I look for when I go parts hunting. They are so easy to grab since the wheels are usually already off. I pack a spare set in my explorer in the spare tire.

Still might need to go to a little stiffer spring but shes back on the ground.

20190114_154455.jpg

20190114_154502.jpg

20190114_170913.jpg

20190114_170955.jpg

Nice build, and I haven’t seen a full glass setup like this before, and I like it because it’s different. Until this build thread, I had only seen glass fenders on the front, or at least that’s all I remember anyway.

I loved my sport model I had several years ago, and as far as I know it’s still with the guy I sold it to. I’m now back in a four door model attempting to finish the previous owners build. I’m still collecting parts for my manual transmission swap, because I prefer a manual transmission over the automatic.

Now I need to test the sensor wires going into xfer case and see about installing some idiot lights for 4wd H and L.

ALso need to build mount to get GPS moved up into the radio spot and old 4wd button location.

yeah buddy!!
What spring rate did you get? too soft?
I love my Dewalt brushless multi tool with the quick change head!
Good job on the bahemouth shifter.... first one I have seen installed.

Some sports and sport tracks 02-04 had a rubber floor kit that would go nicely in there.......

yeah buddy!!
What spring rate did you get? too soft?
I love my Dewalt brushless multi tool with the quick change head!
Good job on the bahemouth shifter.... first one I have seen installed.

Some sports and sport tracks 02-04 had a rubber floor kit that would go nicely in there.......

Cant quite remember where I started with springs but ended up with 250 over 300. I think i originally had 200 over 250. All is good on that side now.

Dewalt multi tool is always a life saver. After I drilled hole in floorboard for new cable for 4wd shifter cable it was perfect for trimming without removing entire cable.

Adaptor took some fighting and cursing to get all sitting nicely and moving freely. If cable is routed and mounted it is not a one person job to get on xfer case as cable wants to fight you while bolting back on. Originally installed while in 2wd and it wasn't wanting to push all the way to 4lo but removed and aligned in with everything in 4lo and now seems all good and hits every position.

Maybe saturday about 4 or 5 am will take out and test on trails to see if everything wants to stay in place.

Took forever to get here but the behemoth electric to manual conversion arrived and I finally got it installed. Wasn't too bad to install. Feels adjusted ok and going into all gears. Need to trail test still, its just too hot in vegas right now.

Borg Warner Transfer Case, Electric To Manual Shift Conversion

View attachment 172216

View attachment 172218

I like that shifter. Glad you got it finally. Behemoth has a reputation of screwing people but they make very innovative and quality products.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ordered and paid for around march 1st and received about 2 weeks ago. Thought I was getting screwed and keep getting email/texts that it was going to ship. Glad it finally showed and hope it holds up.

Back