2020 ST Agate Black | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST Agate Black

Your ST looks great. Since I've never seen Agate Black Metallic in person, how noticeable is the metallic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Always been told never put money down on a lease because if vehicle ever gets totaled, insurance only pays what was owed.. you dont get your $6k back.

$6k down for a lease is a lot of money.

My dealer told me that if I don't put down any money on the lease, my ST payment will be around 1K a month..or even more lol!

My dealer told me that if I don't put down any money on the lease, my ST payment will be around 1K a month..or even more lol!

That's over $150 more than what I am paying on a loan with $0 down. If that's not a red flag...

At what interest rate and for how long a lease?

Peter

At what interest rate and for how long a lease?

Peter

I am going to finance mine. But dealer probably meant the usual 36 month lease, 12K miles per year. Interest rate will be only known before you purchase the vehicle. Interest rate might vary by credit score, how many years leasing / financing. Even if it is not 1000 a month, it will be pretty close, probably 850 a month at least, with no down payment.

Edit, sorry I accidentally replied in your box.

Perhaps that is why the U.S. version of Build & Price doesn't show the lease interest rate while the Canadian site always does. I prefer knowing before going in. Thanks.

Peter

Your ST looks great. Since I've never seen Agate Black Metallic in person, how noticeable is the metallic?

thank you! from afar it looks lack but real close you notice the flakes in it, a little more noticeable than my 16 sport. Around me in Metro Detroit, I have only seen 1 more ST on the road, outside of the guy in troy (20 min) from me, I'm actually quite happy it looks like I'm the only one around here with a new explorer

I am going to finance mine. But dealer probably meant the usual 36 month lease, 12K miles per year. Interest rate will be only known before you purchase the vehicle. Interest rate might vary by credit score, how many years leasing / financing. Even if it is not 1000 a month, it will be pretty close, probably 850 a month at least, with no down payment.

Edit, sorry I accidentally replied in your box.

I got mine for 36 months at 2.5% with 10,500 miles a year. my payment is $535

I got mine for 36 months at 2.5% with 10,500 miles a year. my payment is $535

That's your finally payment with 0 bucks down and with all the taxes? 535 a month is a very good deal for a 60K car.

That's your finally payment with 0 bucks down and with all the taxes? 535 a month is a very good deal for a 60K car.

I did happen to put a little bit down, but I most likely am going to purchase it once my lease is up, unless something incredible is on the 2022 model

I did happen to put a little bit down, but I most likely am going to purchase it once my lease is up, unless something incredible is on the 2022 model
I don't know how much you put down and I'm not asking, but did you consider using Multiple Refundable Security deposits to reduce the interest rate? I've done that several times before and was able to reduce the rate by a max of 1.5%. That money is returned at lease end.
Understanding multiple security deposit leases | Cartelligent

Peter

That Agate Black looks so good, Im second guessing my Magnetic choice now!.....DAMN!

That Agate Black looks so good, Im second guessing my Magnetic choice now!.....DAMN!

I saw Agate Balck in person. It looked awesome too. I am still with Magnetic. Both look pretty stealth though.

Congrats on your ST. I just picked one up just like yours on Thursday. I’m enjoying it. You should post some tutorials on your detailing magic.

That is a beautiful truck, and the color, well done.

Visit the Griots website, and look at their orbital buffers. Those are strong enough to do all of the hard labor of removing scratches from any paint. The magic is in the buffing pads and chemicals, but it takes an actual buffer or strong orbital to apply enough force. Don't mess with cheap orbitals, they just vibrate which is good for a final polish. I learned with buffers and the old Craftsman orbital(large round).

So looking at the vehicle, would you all consider the 2nd row and beyond as tinted? Is it tint or is the glass just darker?

The only windows needing tint are the front row it seems.

If it like the 5th generation then all the windows, including the windshield have some level of factory tint. The windshield and front side windows are lighter to conform to tinting laws. Each state has laws regarding the amount of tint allowed.

Peter

So looking at the vehicle, would you all consider the 2nd row and beyond as tinted? Is it tint or is the glass just darker?

The only windows needing tint are the front row it seems.

Also note that unless new glass is made differently than old, the factory glass does not block any UV rays, not even the darker rears.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is not tint (as in a film applied on top), the glass is physically darker. I'll be putting 30% up front as soon as I get mine and most likely a very light tint on the rest to maintain the same darkness but reduce UVs.

Back