2020 ST Agate Black | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST Agate Black

It is not tint (as in a film applied on top), the glass is physically darker. I'll be putting 30% up front as soon as I get mine and most likely a very light tint on the rest to maintain the same darkness but reduce UVs.

Ditto, my intention is to have the almost clear tint applied to everything but the front door glass, and attempt to match those, on the front glass. The last I heard was the super light tint was in the range of 90%, which is similar to the clear glass like the windshield and front doors. That may be tough to match with some tint brands, they do vary a bit in darkness.

Edited - the 90% not 10%

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ditto, my intention is to have the almost clear tint applied to everything but the front door glass, and attempt to match those, on the front glass. The last I heard was the super light tint was in the range of 10%, which is similar to the clear glass like the windshield and front doors. That may be tough to match with some tint brands, they do vary a bit in darkness.

You have your numbers reversed. You would want 90% or around there for the rears (number represents % of light that can go through).

For those who have never tinted their windows, here is 30% on the front, factory rear windows. When the sun isnt out, it matches perfectly and you cant see in but when the sun is out, it is a little lighter up front. I wanted it this way so it isnt as obvious during the day since it is illegal in my state to have tint in the front.

20190728_194526.jpg

20190728_194459.jpg

20190728_194554.jpg

Hard to not get a reflection of the sky.

Texas law = 25% will likely never be able to match. Rear seems to be higher as is.

Texas law = 25% will likely never be able to match. Rear seems to be higher as is.

From my understanding, rears are 20% which would make sense since my 30% is lighter in the sun than the rears.

Right, 90% is the lightest tint, I don't think of tinting very often. I think here our limit is 35%. I've had one car 50% and one I think was 35%.

It's tougher to back up with the darker tints, though my factory tint is no trouble in any of my Fords.

So looking at the vehicle, would you all consider the 2nd row and beyond as tinted? Is it tint or is the glass just darker?

The only windows needing tint are the front row it seems.
just darker, like my 16 sport, I plan on applying 25% or 20% all around, with the 20% applied on top of the darker back 5, you will not be able to see inside it.

Back