2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Im planning to Lease 36 months at 16500 a year milage. You recommend for a lease?
If you reach the mileage figure, you will exceed the factory warranty by 13,500 miles so you will be without a warranty for almost a year. An ESP will get you a first day rental if you require one so that will be a plus but would the cost of a 3 year, 50k mile ESP be worth it (if there is such an ESP)?:dunno:
I usually lease my vehicles for 48 months and have always taken the ESP for the extra year coverage. However, I have yet to reach the end of a lease because the dealership always would like to get them back due to the extremely low mileage and offers a good deal on another one.
I don't have 1st day rental on my LeaseCare ESP but the dealer has provided a free loaner on 2 occasions this year.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im planning to Lease 36 months at 16500 a year milage. You recommend for a lease?

I dont think I would. Looking at 2019 pricing, 3yr/48k esp is $475 without 1st day rental. So you would be looking st about $600 to cover you till lease end (49,500 miles vs 48k esp).

Powertrain would be covered till 5/60k so I am not sure I'd waste $500-$600 on an ESP. How many repairs would be needed between 36k and 48k to cost more than $600?

Hey guys,
I just picked up an ST and got the esp through the dealer and paid about 2x what’s listed here. Just wondering if I’m screwed at this point or if I have some options? Also got tire and windshield tacked on. Bought it Thursday night.

You can cancel it through your dealer and get your money back.

Does that include the tire and windshield protection or just the ESP?

Does that include the tire and windshield protection or just the ESP?

Never discussed that before but it is a Ford product so I would assume so.

Curious to see how much if any the dealer will come down in price. I think the tire and windshield protection is a separate package not usually included in the standard ESP.

Peter

Curious to see how much if any the dealer will come down in price. I think the tire and windshield protection is a separate package not usually included in the standard ESP.

Peter

Correct, you have tire, windshield and dent/ding coverage separately or you can do a triple package to include all 3.

When I read the print on the windshield earlier, it says it is repaired up to a 6" crack, anything larger and they do not cover it. So basically they are going to cover small cracks, not replacements (since most glass companies repair up to a dollar bill in length).

I carry $0 deductible comp so I get free windshield replacements.. I wouldn't bother with that. Tires.. being the cost of them (about $300 each), could possibly be of interest. Then again, I've only had 1 flat in my lifetime and it was in my driveway.

Is there a time frame someone has to purchase the ESP within. that is, if you buy a new Ford product do you have to buy the ESP within say, 30 days?

Is there a time frame someone has to purchase the ESP within. that is, if you buy a new Ford product do you have to buy the ESP within say, 30 days?

3yr/36k.. after 1yr/12k, $100 price increase.

Correct, you have tire, windshield and dent/ding coverage separately or you can do a triple package to include all 3.

When I read the print on the windshield earlier, it says it is repaired up to a 6" crack, anything larger and they do not cover it. So basically they are going to cover small cracks, not replacements (since most glass companies repair up to a dollar bill in length).

I carry $0 deductible comp so I get free windshield replacements.. I wouldn't bother with that. Tires.. being the cost of them (about $300 each), could possibly be of interest. Then again, I've only had 1 flat in my lifetime and it was in my driveway.

Last time when I got my 16 sport I negotiated tire and wheel warranty 5 years for 800 bucks. If I get it again, I would just get protection for tires and wheels.

Last time when I got my 16 sport I negotiated tire and wheel warranty 5 years for 800 bucks. If I get it again, I would just get protection for tires and wheels.

Which is about the cost of 3 tires. I've never had a blow out so for me would be a waste of money. I dont forsee getting 3 blowouts on the same vehicle. And it doesnt cover cosmetics of the rim which is the only thing I'd worry about (curb rash etc).

But what about 21 inch rims? Gotta park perfectly not to scratch them. 5 years is a long term.
Which is about the cost of 3 tires. I've never had a blow out so for me would be a waste of money. I dont forsee getting 3 blowouts on the same vehicle. And it doesnt cover cosmetics of the rim which is the only thing I'd worry about (curb rash etc).

I had a rim and tire warranty. 5 years, 800 bucks. Those huge 21 inch rims might be easy scratched as I have scratches on my 16. but I have warranty.

But what about 21 inch rims? Gotta park perfectly not to scratch them. 5 years is a long term.

I had a rim and tire warranty. 5 years, 800 bucks. Those huge 21 inch rims might be easy scratched as I have scratches on my 16. but I have warranty.

Again, it does NOT cover scratches so it doesnt matter if it is 20s, 21s or 24s.. you wont get them fixed or replaced if scratched. The tire package is not worth it IMO.

Again, it does NOT cover scratches so it doesnt matter if it is 20s, 21s or 24s.. you wont get them fixed or replaced if scratched. The tire package is not worth it IMO.
I agree. It's not something I would get either, but it's a matter of choice. Here is some of what the package shows under Exclusions; Coverage exclusions and limitations may apply, including damage to tires with less than 3/32" tread depth at the lowest point on the tire at the time of damage, and cosmetic damage to wheels and tires. I've only had to replace 1 tire in the last 19 years and it was covered under my Toyota ESP. Never had to replace a wheel.

Peter

Guys, here are the 2020 Explorer prices (4wd model). This includes 1st day rental.

Enhanced rental and LED coverage is extra. Dealer cost is 3rd row from right.

Screenshot_20190812-131805_Email.jpg

I'm not salty at all. If I wasn't clear, then I guess that's my fault but I still don't understand where the confusion was. I mentioned yr/mileage terms, deductibles, rental options, LED coverage and the subject/title of the thread specifically says "2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ dealer cost".

That's why I couldn't figure out what was being asked.

Is this the same as the "Ford Protect" program?

upload_2019-8-17_9-38-49.png

Yes. If you look at your screen shot, right above Ford Protect it says "Extended Service Plan"

Excellent! This is quite a reduction from what the dealer quoted me when I bought my Star White Platinum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any pricing on Aviators yet? Interested in 8/100 with Led and enhanced first day rental.

Back