2020 ST ordered | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST ordered

I’m not the biggest fan of it but seeing it in person and sitting in the truck with it, it’s not as bad as the pics make it look.
I hope you are right because I'm looking at the Platinum and in Canada the Premium Technology Package is standard, not an option.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you don't leave us in dust Blwnsmok

The screen is outdated. The steering wheel on the ST looks 10 times better. This is not comparable to ST. ST will be a beast. Why would you choose this over ST?

If you haven't sat in a Black Label, you wouldn't understand. Full Alcatara Leather, real leather stitching, Alcatara headliner, leather door panels (no hard plastics), adaptive suspension. Lincoln is luxury.. ST is performance. I completely understand the difference between the two. The interior is absolutely stunning.. the detail put into it is amazing. The 19 speaker Audio system is amazing..

Don't get me wrong, the ST is incredible and I'd be very happy owning it. This BL just threw us a curve ball and to be honest, it is very much worth considering. The fact that I can get a $68k BL for $61k out the door and 1.9% for 72 months.. it is extremely enticing. Don't even get me started on the service that Lincoln provides compared to the Ford dealers.

The downside is that it is FWD bias.. But a factory 335hp and 380tq AND with a tune, running closer to 400hp and 500tq.

PS - I don't buy a vehicle because of a steering wheel.

I hope you are right because I'm looking at the Platinum and in Canada the Premium Technology Package is standard, not an option.

Peter
I test drive one with it, it’s not half as bad in person.

Was curious on the Atlas Blue that was ordered on 1/19 (Retail order). It showed production on 6/17 with a completion date of 6/18 and no ETA yet. So it's been sitting for over a month waiting to ship.

Well my Atlas Blue just showed up today built around June 25th.
47277.jpeg

What was the last status before it showed up

I'm not sure. He knew I wasnt taking it so really never talked about it. Just sent me a pic today that it was there.

If you haven't sat in a Black Label, you wouldn't understand. Full Alcatara Leather, real leather stitching, Alcatara headliner, leather door panels (no hard plastics), adaptive suspension. Lincoln is luxury.. ST is performance. I completely understand the difference between the two. The interior is absolutely stunning.. the detail put into it is amazing. The 19 speaker Audio system is amazing..

Don't get me wrong, the ST is incredible and I'd be very happy owning it. This BL just threw us a curve ball and to be honest, it is very much worth considering. The fact that I can get a $68k BL for $61k out the door and 1.9% for 72 months.. it is extremely enticing. Don't even get me started on the service that Lincoln provides compared to the Ford dealers.

The downside is that it is FWD bias.. But a factory 335hp and 380tq AND with a tune, running closer to 400hp and 500tq.

PS - I don't buy a vehicle because of a steering wheel.

Did the ST finally blew you away? or are you still undecided about Black Label and it's front wheel drive?

Did the ST finally blew you away? or are you still undecided about Black Label and it's front wheel drive?

Sticking with the ST.

Sticking with the ST.

Good choice. Magnetic color looks good with the blacked out parts. I did not notice before I test drove it but the sun roof looks bigger especially for 2nd row.

Ok, so the deal is done with a Magnetic ST. We are picking it up on Thursday. The one I reordered on 5/24 has been pushed back 3 times and now finally is showing a 8/20 build date and god knows how long for delivery.

I am glad that I actually ended up looking elsewhere because I got the deal of all deals. Frankly I don't know how I worked this one out but everything is a done deal.

Here is a breakdown of the deal I never thought would be possible.

MSRP $59,520
Discount $6,037
PCO $1,250
Total Purchase $52,233

$799 Doc Fee (I cringed at this.. but they do it for every vehicle)

Total Out the Door Price $53,032 a savings of $6,488 off sticker price.

Will post pictures Thursday when we pick it up.

PS - Clearly there are deals out there to be had. I wouldn't settle for invoice or anything over it.

Congratulations, blwnsmoke! You negotiated one heck of a deal. Looking forward to your review after you take delivery.

Ok, so the deal is done with a Magnetic ST. We are picking it up on Thursday. The one I reordered on 5/24 has been pushed back 3 times and now finally is showing a 8/20 build date and god knows how long for delivery.

I am glad that I actually ended up looking elsewhere because I got the deal of all deals. Frankly I don't know how I worked this one out but everything is a done deal.

Here is a breakdown of the dealI never thought would be possible.

MSRP $59,520
Discount $6,037
PCO $1,250
Total Purchase $52,233

$799 Doc Fee (I cringed at this.. but they do it for every vehicle)

Will post pictures Thursday when we pick it up.

PS - Clearly there are deals out there to be had. I wouldn't settle for invoice or anything over it.
Did you x plan ?

Did you x plan ?

Nope, this particular dealership would not do it. I was told by a different person who has really helped me with understanding the back end money with Ford and Lincoln that when a dealer sells under Xplan but takes the pin... they are actually selling it at Xplan price. All the paperwork will show the xplan price but certain dealers will do what they call "dealer assistance" which is basically they are putting down a down payment on behalf of you... and then when Ford sends them a check for the Xplan purchase, they keep it.

This dealer refused to do it but I wasn't complaining. The end result would have been a $100 doc fee and about $775 in their pocket from Ford. So they would have made an extra $75 out of the deal but they did not want to risk being audited etc.

Either way, I can't keep smiling on this deal. Just booked my flight for my wife and I.. flying out Thursday morning, should be at the dealer by noon time and will post a few pics of it then.

I think this will be the first real world Magnetic that someone has scooped up on the forums.

Nope, this particular dealership would not do it. I was told by a different person who has really helped me with understanding the back end money with Ford and Lincoln that when a dealer sells under Xplan but takes the pin... they are actually selling it at Xplan price. All the paperwork will show the xplan price but certain dealers will do what they call "dealer assistance" which is basically they are putting down a down payment on behalf of you... and then when Ford sends them a check for the Xplan purchase, they keep it.

This dealer refused to do it but I wasn't complaining. The end result would have been a $100 doc fee and about $775 in their pocket from Ford. So they would have made an extra $75 out of the deal but they did not want to risk being audited etc.

Either way, I can't keep smiling on this deal. Just booked my flight for my wife and I.. flying out Thursday morning, should be at the dealer by noon time and will post a few pics of it then.

I think this will be the first real world Magnetic that someone has scooped up on the forums.

Maybe you live in the part of USA were things are cheaper or you can get better deals. Here in East coast, dealers are telling me that "there will be no deals on ST, it's the new platform and redesign and we can just sell it for MSRP or close to it to someone else. They are not in a hurry to get the trucks off of the lot either.

I think this will be the first real world Magnetic that someone has scooped up on the forums.[/QUOTE

So are you saying that the x plan is not worth it ? I have the Plan and hope to use it before 12/9

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So are you saying that the x plan is not worth it ? I have the Plan and hope to use it before 12/9

Back