Recall 19C06 - Factory Mode & Park Release Access | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recall 19C06 - Factory Mode & Park Release Access

cpainter3

Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Since the recall sticky thread isn’t taking replies, I thought I’d start this one for the first Gen 6 recall. Of those of us who have taken delivery, is anyone affected by this? Being in factory mode should be obvious, and the Park release access cover is easy enough to check. Based on the build date I’m definitely going to get a letter, but all clear on both issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the recall sticky thread isn’t taking replies, I thought I’d start this one for the first Gen 6 recall. Of those of us who have taken delivery, is anyone affected by this? Being in factory mode should be obvious, and the Park release access cover is easy enough to check. Based on the build date I’m definitely going to get a letter, but all clear on both issues.

I had mine checked for the recall and the dealer found everything to be in order.

I've not gotten any notification of it. Where is the manual park release located so I can check to see if there's a cover?

I've not gotten any notification of it. Where is the manual park release located so I can check to see if there's a cover?
Bottom of the center console, under a thin mat. Either has a cover or doesn’t. Per manual:
C4A8EDCA-6698-4E1F-8457-22AF93935EA1.png

That seems to the same as the 5th gen. Brake Shift Interlock.

Peter

All good here. Cover in place. Instrument cluster ok too.

Back