Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ForScan Items I want to address but not sure if all of this is possible;

Default stop/start to disable
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam
Panic brake stop lights flash

ForScan Items I want to address but not sure if all of this is possible;

Default stop/start to disable
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam
Panic brake stop lights flash

When I was playing around, I saw a "start/stop enabled" option. I am assuming you can click and disable it and that will address it.

When I was playing around, I saw a "start/stop enabled" option. I am assuming you can click and disable it and that will address it.

From memory that only applies to that ignition cycle. At least it did in the Corsair I had recently and that’s how the disable buttons work in the others I’ve been in.

If anyone has a request for the splash screen, theme, etc. just yell.

From memory that only applies to that ignition cycle. At least it did in the Corsair I had recently and that’s how the disable buttons work in the others I’ve been in.

We are not talking about the settings that one chooses. This is reprogramming of the module and when you change the setting, that is the default setting going forward. If you disable it and reprogram the module that way, it should stay disabled every time.

I'm going to go try it now just because it's going to drive me nuts wondering.

We are not talking about the settings that one chooses. This is reprogramming of the module and when you change the setting, that is the default setting going forward. If you disable it and reprogram the module that way, it should stay disabled every time.

I'm going to go try it now just because it's going to drive me nuts wondering.

Ahh I thought you were referring to the screen setting vs the FORScan toggle.

Confirmed, IPC module, disabling auto start/stop shows the auto start as off every time you start the vehicle.

20190818_193703.jpg

Can you elaborate more on this?

Which piece?

What do you mean by the backsplash and/or theme? Are you talking the 12" digital cluster? If so, what type of themes can you do?

I think you addressed this before but is there no way to load a customer picture for wall art on the 10" tablet screen? With MFT 2, we used to be able to have a background loaded. Wish we could put custom backgrounds on there to make some of the white space not so white.

Confirmed, IPC module, disabling auto start/stop shows the auto start as off every time you start the vehicle.

View attachment 172917

Does the user operated center console switch still work and does it have the amber "off" light lit? Can the user still re-enable/disable with the IPC module set to disable?

Does the user operated center console switch still work and does it have the amber "off" light lit? Can the user still re-enable/disable with the IPC module set to disable?

Button functions as normal so if you hit it once, it will activate the start/stop. I didn't pay attention to the light on the switch (frankly didn't realize it lights up).

Also, confirmed the tilt mirrors in reverse do not tilt.. unless there is some type of programming needed to tell them how low to go.

Also put the Shelby gt350 up just for kicks on the 10" tablet screen lol.. but changed it back.

Everything else is a changing of code and I have no idea what codes do what etc.

What do you mean by the backsplash and/or theme? Are you talking the 12" digital cluster? If so, what type of themes can you do?

I think you addressed this before but is there no way to load a customer picture for wall art on the 10" tablet screen? With MFT 2, we used to be able to have a background loaded. Wish we could put custom backgrounds on there to make some of the white space not so white.

APIM specific for my breadth of knowledge. Some prefer the Lincoln theme, or might want an ST splash or to extend the accessory timeout to the Euro spec, that sort of thing. Custom backgrounds are limited to what’s provided on the unit. My guess is they don’t allow them now because of the NHTSA guidelines for distraction.

APIM specific for my breadth of knowledge. Some prefer the Lincoln theme, or might want an ST splash or to extend the accessory timeout to the Euro spec, that sort of thing. Custom backgrounds are limited to what’s provided on the unit. My guess is they don’t allow them now because of the NHTSA guidelines for distraction.

Got ya, those can all be changed via forscan. As I just posted (you were probably posting at the same time), I changed it to the gt350 and then back. There is 10-12 options to choose.

Have you ever used Forscan? I think you'd be impressed with everything we can do.

Got ya, those can all be changed via forscan. As I just posted (you were probably posting at the same time), I changed it to the gt350 and then back. There is 10-12 options to choose.

Have you ever used Forscan? I think you'd be impressed with everything we can do.

Only briefly. If I need to do anything I just use the internal tools. I can’t recall if they have all of the newer theme/splash combos in there. That usually seems to be the one that trips up folks from the requests I usually get.

Only briefly. If I need to do anything I just use the internal tools. I can’t recall if they have all of the newer theme/splash combos in there. That usually seems to be the one that trips up folks from the requests I usually get.

20190818_203301.jpg

Ok, yep that doesn’t have the latest handful, like the Mustang EVO, Aviator, Explorer, Corsair, etc.

View attachment 172917

Did you actually confirm it is off when you are driving?

I worked with Forscan support and they gave me a beta build that works with the 2020 explorer. I changed that auto start-stop setting in IPC and the car was still shutting off.

My forscan version is 2.3.24

Did you actually confirm it is off when you are driving?

I worked with Forscan support and they gave me a beta build that works with the 2020 explorer. I changed that auto start-stop setting in IPC and the car was still shutting off.

My forscan version is 2.3.24

You are right, this morning it was back to on automatically. Odd because I even locked and unlocked it last night to make sure it wasnt just a key stroke thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So reverse tilt mirrors isn’t something than can be toggled on? I wonder why we can’t just have that option.

Back