Second Gen MPG Numbers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Second Gen MPG Numbers

But But I want 24mpg

LOL - I think I saw 24 MPG on my driver's message center once (for about 5 seconds) on a trip up super flat Interstate 75 to Chattanooga with a strong tailwind. Not a realistic goal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that's why it's out now in just one model, and not the Explorer ST also. The Explorer buyers will push the limits faster and be less forgiving. Maybe if it works out well, the Explorer will get it next, and then maybe the new Mustang. I just learned it supposedly adds 1000lbs to the truck, that's a bunch if it's true. The tow rating is down by about 900lbs, from the extra weight of course.

LOL - I think I saw 24 MPG on my driver's message center once (for about 5 seconds) on a trip up super flat Interstate 75 to Chattanooga with a strong tailwind. Not a realistic goal.
I was joking lol

and... now back to 19MPG :rant:

You can get great mileage any time ... that you are going downhill. Just watch the display jump to 90mpg+ going down a hill, after you let off the gas.

Back