6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Picked up my ST a few days ago. Love it so far. My first car was a 1991 Explorer so I’ve gone full circle 25 years later. It’s a zero optioned ST except for all season mats which weren’t in the car so the dealer has them ordered.

Some observations off the bat: I’m glad i stuck with the stock 20”s. They are better in person than I expected and the black “pockets” really stand out. I also am impressed with the self parking nailing it every time. Also the Bluetooth connects to my phone in half the time it took my Tahoe to do.

Some dislikes,, I wish you could display more audio info on the 12” gauge cluster other than just the song name. Seems like that whole blank space on the left side is begging for album art or something else. I wish the child locks for the rear doors could be set with a button rather then having to insert the key into the actual lock on the inside of the door. I dig the “ST” puddle lamps but I wish You could have the option disable it.

Overall I’m loving my first few days and happy I made the switch (I had 4 tahoe’s in a row before this)

9D1B0C1E-1B41-4B0A-9345-CFD383B09451.jpeg

D1E60DB0-515B-4026-8B3D-6339EADCF153.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think that having to insert a key to enable/disable the child locks is a more secure method than using a button that could be inadvertently pushed. Also, in regards to all the unused space on the display, don't forget that this is likely all software upgradeable for future updates.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think that having to insert a key to enable/disable the child locks is a more secure method than using a button that could be inadvertently pushed. Also, in regards to all the unused space on the display, don't forget that this is likely all software upgradeable for future updates.

Peter
Thanks for the welcome. Good point on the unused space. RE the door locks,, on my old car, there was a switch right next to the driver window switches/lockouts that turned on the child locks too so there was no way for anyone in the back to reach it. No biggie, just super convenient when I was switching between kids in boosters to adults.

Pulled the wheels off to wax them inside and out. Glad I did, found a few lugs almost loose. Also found the left rear shock is leaking slightly. Some photos of the front and rear suspension and brakes with the wheels off.

View attachment 172700 View attachment 172701 View attachment 172702 View attachment 172703 View attachment 172704 View attachment 172705 View attachment 172706

Im soooooooo glad to hear that you also pull the wheels off and wax them inside and out, I get told I need to see a shrink everytime I do that to a new Explorer.

I'll post more pics tomorrow out in the sun from different angles. There was a request of what it looks like without the "Explorer" on the hood.

20190823_112238.jpg
20190823_112231.jpg

I see you got one with the 'pebbled' paint finish.;)

Peter

They’re actually reflective orbs.

I went out to change my license plate lights and it was moist. Didn’t want to waste my trip.

So some pics from tonight without the sun after 2 layers of ceramic coating. Will see tomorrow in the sun to see how much it shines.

20190823_192414.jpg
20190823_192051.jpg

Here you can see the partial fender. It really blends in quite nicely.

20190823_192327.jpg
20190823_192203.jpg
20190823_192155.jpg

And the tint.. even being 20%, still is a little lighter than the rears.

20190823_192611.jpg

BUT!....have you done the OCD move yet......wheels off, waxed inside and out?

This Forum is making me OCD and a little less wealthy due to all the details of what everyone is doing and buying! I love it! I just ordered a new black ST key fob and those valve stem covers and trying to get FORSCAN set up. And gosh darn it... now I have to take the wheels off and wax them inside and out?:)

Not going to wax them. Wax only last 6+ weeks. I am going to ceramic coat them when I take them off this fall and put the winter wheels/tires on. Will fully coat in and out then cover them for the winter.

Two coats of ceramic will last 3+ years. The guy who did the ST wanted $200. Not going to pay that when I can do such a small area myself. Going to do the calipers too to protect them from build up.

My Amazon points hit ($43 free credit this month) so I ordered the valve covers and LED turn signals with that and will refund the resistor ones. Those valve covers went from 6 left to 1 left within a few days lol.

IMG_0293.jpg
So I took delivery of my ST that I had them pull from a dealer near here. I got into their holdback about $600 so felt good about pricing. Not as many of the Atlas Blue ones around. Kinda of a crappy day here in FL today so will put pics up after cleaned up and sunny. Street pack and Tech pack. The only thing immediately that jumps out is the chrome lug nuts with the black wheels. I am thinking those DP black chromed lug nuts might be sweet!

Good luck to all you guys waiting. I talked to the owner of the dealership some and he said they told him it would likely be November before mine shipped but then again it might be sooner. I don't know what to make of that except there are a ton of them in storage that need to be gone through.

So I took delivery of my ST that I had them pull from a dealer near here. I got into their holdback about $600 so felt good about pricing. Not as many of the Atlas Blue ones around. Kinda of a crappy day here in FL today so will put pics up after cleaned up and sunny. Street pack and Tech pack. The only thing immediately that jumps out is the chrome lug nuts with the black wheels. I am thinking those DP black chromed lug nuts might be sweet!

Good luck to all you guys waiting. I talked to the owner of the dealership some and he said they told him it would likely be November before mine shipped but then again it might be sooner. I don't know what to make of that except there are a ton of them in storage that need to be gone through.

Congrats on finally getting one. Now forget the past and enjoy the future.. let the mods begin lol.

what product do you use for the ceramic coating?

I'm not sure what brand he uses. Assuming it is xpel since he is a xpel only dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now you've convinced myself and my wife to get Atlas Blue. Damn that looks amazing. Did you see the regular blue color as to how it compares?

Back