Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
The September EF Lottery theme is "First Responders". (There was no August Lottery so I could get the timing somewhat back on track). For the month of September submit media that pertains to First Responders such as Firefighters, LEO's, EMT's, etc. The submitted media does not have to be "in action", can be a vehicle, headquarters, etc. Anything that pertains to first responders. Does not have to be yourself.

Ending and drawing date is on or about Sept 29th, 2019.

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid, or written story in accordance with the theme and award one member with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiple pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids. Members are encouraged to post positive feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2020 PIU in action at PFE 2019 Savannah GA on the Road Course.

0827B212-A2A0-4743-B2EE-E712A25B44B9_1_105_c.jpeg

upload_2019-9-8_17-39-55.png

Ford gave a demo unit to try when the EcoBoost was first released, I used it at work and here its at a fatal MVI.
Not for consideration

Same MVI, this photo was used on the cover of Police Fleet Manager Magazine in 2017

135D6BD1-AFDE-415E-ADC1-605CD8ABC340_1_105_c.jpeg

Not for consideration

What does "not for consideration" mean?

Im trying to get a fireman action shot but its hard to get all vehicles and all the fireman sleeping at one time!

It will probably have to be a BBQ action shot, maybe an SUV just back from Safeway after a grocery order pickup.

Im totally confused, can somebody please explain the photo contest requirements then?

@reapereviltwin will need to clarify this part: Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiple pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids. Members are encouraged to post positive feedback.

@Rick, will do.
@Sgt1411, "One submission" means only one post can be entered into the drawing. There is nothing stating you can't make extra posts, but if an member enters more than one post with media in it, only one can be considered. This is to prevent someone from entering several or more in an attempt to lower the odds for them to win the elite membership. The rules are explained in the Lottery Information Thread. I used to post a link to this thread in each month's lottery thread, but very few members actually went to the thread and read it. The "not for consideration" simply means that post will not go into the drawing, but will stay on the thread for others to view. You will notice that the first post was not marked as not for consideration, this will go into the lottery drawing, since it is random, there will be no effect on your chances was being drawn as the winner. You can submit more media, but must be listed as not being entered into the drawing. Posting extra media for the others to view and comment on is welcomed as well as encouraged.

@Rick, will do.
@Sgt1411, "One submission" means only one post can be entered into the drawing. There is nothing stating you can't entered extra posts, but if an member enters more than one post with media in it, only one can be considered. This is to prevent someone from entering several or more in an attempt to lower the odds for them to win the elite membership. The rules are explained in the Lottery Information Thread. I used to post a link to this thread in each month's lottery thread, but very few members actually went to the thread and read it. The "not for consideration" simply means that post will not go into the drawing, but will stay on the thread for others to view. You will notice that the first post was not marked as not for consideration, this will go into the lottery drawing, since it is random, there will be no effect on your chances was being drawn as the winner. You can submit more media, but must be listed as not being entered into the drawing. Posting extra media for the others to view and comment on is welcomed as well as encouraged.

Thanks, you have to dumb it down for cops but I get it now.

Thanks, you have to dumb it down for cops but I get it now.

It can be confusing. I thank you for putting your life on the line every day for the public's safety. When there is a question, please don't hesitate to ask.

154559-9ea5ee47c741108f6c345a7ba651944b.jpg
So this is the picture of a 1988 Seagrave fire engine from Petersburg, Virginia. I was there when it was delivered and drove this pumper for years and was still driving it the day I retired from there in 2013. I worked as a firefighter for 35 years for Petersburg Fire, Rescue and Emergency Services. I kinda miss that big red engine. God Bless All First Responders.

038.jpg

I was a first responder as a Navy Hospital Corpsman (drove ambulances, as well as worked in the Naval Hospital ER). That was many years ago, but it is something that never leaves you, as I discovered in June of 2010. I volunteered at a Western States 100 Mile Endurance Race aid station at the 80 mile mark. I got the 8PM to 8AM shift.

I wasn’t there as a medic, just signing runners in as they came through. I think runners had to make it to the 80 mile mark by 6 AM if they would be on time to finish in under the 30 hours so they could get their “belt buckle” which is the reward.

When we closed the aid station around 9AM, a number of runners (mostly older ones) were held at that aid station for medical reasons, to be transported to the main medical aid tent at the finish line in Auburn, California.

When the staff found out I had an emergency medical background, plus had an SUV with 4WD (kind of a steep dirt road going out), I got “conscripted” to be the medic haul wagon. We fit nine people (plus driver) in my 93 Explorer 5speed (including one sitting on the center console).

I was a little stressed, hoping everyone would stay OK until the big aid station (although I carry a pretty thorough medical kit, I’d rather not have to use it).

But everyone was OK, the Explorer did well, people commented it was like a clown car because people kept getting out of it, and I vowed never to work all night again.

Red Explorer.jpg

[Not for consideration]

It can be confusing. I thank you for putting your life on the line every day for the public's safety. When there is a question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Can I change my photo that IS being considered?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was a first responder as a Navy Hospital Corpsman (drove ambulances, as well as worked in the Naval Hospital ER). That was many years ago, but it is something that never leaves you, as I discovered in June of 2010. I volunteered at a Western States 100 Mile Endurance Race aid station at the 80 mile mark. I got the 8PM to 8AM shift.

I wasn’t there as a medic, just signing runners in as they came through. I think runners had to make it to the 80 mile mark by 6 AM if they would be on time to finish in under the 30 hours so they could get their “belt buckle” which is the reward.

When we closed the aid station around 9AM, a number of runners (mostly older ones) were held at that aid station for medical reasons, to be transported to the main medical aid tent at the finish line in Auburn, California.

When the staff found out I had an emergency medical background, plus had an SUV with 4WD (kind of a steep dirt road going out), I got “conscripted” to be the medic haul wagon. We fit nine people (plus driver) in my 93 Explorer 5speed (including one sitting on the center console).

I was a little stressed, hoping everyone would stay OK until the big aid station (although I carry a pretty thorough medical kit, I’d rather not have to use it).

But everyone was OK, the Explorer did well, people commented it was like a clown car because people kept getting out of it, and I vowed never to work all night again.

View attachment 173747

[Not for consideration]
You never know what you might have to do. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back