2020 Explorer | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

In the glove box was a small white card a little bigger than a credit card.

Ok, Thanks. I will check that out tomorrow.
In the glove box was a small white card a little bigger than a credit card.

What about the ST licence plate holder that you received? Do you have a link for it? I hope they are in stock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

EVERYTHING I am reading says to run away from the 2020 model!!!

At least the first 6 months of production... that's my mindset now. Zero rush for me at this point

Calm down chicken little...the sky is not falling. I had one small issue my dealer fixed in less time than it took them to log my truck into the computer system for service. No problems since and I'm LOVING this truck so far :burnout:

Calm down chicken little...the sky is not falling. I had one small issue my dealer fixed in less time than it took them to log my truck into the computer system for service. No problems since and I'm LOVING this truck so far :burnout:
Fingers crossed!

I’ve owned about 125 cars in my life (I’m old). I have about 2,000 mi on this ST and it’s fun, tight as a drum and has almost enough power. No such thing as enough. This could be one of my favorite all around vehicle!

I’ve owned about 125 cars in my life (I’m old). I have about 2,000 mi on this ST and it’s fun, tight as a drum and has almost enough power. No such thing as enough. This could be one of my favorite all around vehicle!
I’m also old, now have 3,300 miles on the odo and get excited every time I push the ignition button. Other than addressing the seatback recall, there have been zero issues, and I’ve looked for every symptom and problem ever mentioned on this board.

Ok, Thanks. I will check that out tomorrow.

What about the ST licence plate holder that you received? Do you have a link for it? I hope they are in stock.

So I am picking up my new ST tomorrow and I noticed when looking at the vehicle it has the front licence bracket installed . I do not want it on the front so I told my sales guy to have it removed. Tells me that the bracket has to be on the car for the delivery inspection !! He says it is glued on & attached with 2 fasteners. So if I remove I need to plug the holes. Oh well.......

Never heard of it being "glued" on before. Sounds like an excuse to not do it. I wonder how those showing up without the front bracket pass delivery inspection?

Peter

It is not glued on and it is held on by 3 fasteners. 2 in the paint and 1 in the black plastic. They are not designed to come put so you will practically be breaking/ripping them out.

It is not glued on and it is held on by 3 fasteners. 2 in the paint and 1 in the black plastic. They are not designed to come put so you will practically be breaking/ripping them out.

As blwnsmoke has said.. they are actually in there with plastic rivets. I used a small drill bit to drill into the middle of the rivet basically weakening it. But being careful not to get to deep and deform or enlarge the hole. Once weakened I used a typical trim puller to just pry/rip each rivet out. I suppose you could also just rip the plate holder off the front, but I did not want to risk something cracking other then the rivets.

I got these from amazon to plug the holes. They perfectly fit without need to molest or modify the hole. I painted the ones in the paint with a touch up kit from the dealer. You can't even tell they are there. The one in the black plastic does not match as well as the plug is smoother, glossy-er then the bumper. I need to rough up the plug or find some bumper paint that matches that black. But even in its current form you can't really see it unless you are looking for it (which I am). The pack of 50 plugs is under $10. So I have plenty to play with. Others have found these at local auto stores as well.

CapturFiles-201909267_1509_1.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019CX5JWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly I got this holder for my rear plate:
Its well built, heavy and looks nice. I would love to find one that actually uses all 4 holes, but even with just the top two, it does not vibrate or anything.
CapturFiles-201909267_1509.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGMWXG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Never heard of it being "glued" on before. Sounds like an excuse to not do it. I wonder how those showing up without the front bracket pass delivery inspection?

Peter
Good question !

Good to know,thanks

As blwnsmoke has said.. they are actually in there with plastic rivets. I used a small drill bit to drill into the middle of the rivet basically weakening it. But being careful not to get to deep and deform or enlarge the hole. Once weakened I used a typical trim puller to just pry/rip each rivet out. I suppose you could also just rip it off the front, but I did not want to risk something cracking other then the rivets.

I got these from amazon to plug the holes. They perfectly fit without need to molest or modify the hole. I painted the ones in the paint with a touch up kit from the dealer. You can't even tell they are there. The one in the black plastic does not match as well as the plug is smoother, glossy-er then the bumper. I need to rough up the plug or find some bumper paint that matches that black. But even in its current form you can't really see it unless you are looking for it (which I am). The pack of 50 plugs is under $10. So I have plenty to play with. Others have found these at local auto stores as well.

View attachment 174101
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019CX5JWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly I got this holder for my plate:
Its well built, heavy and looks nice. I would love to find one that actually uses all 4 holes, but even with just the top two, it does not vibrate or anything.
View attachment 174102
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGMWXG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good info to know. Will probably do this. Thanks

Peter

Good to know,thanks

I think all 6th gens come with a front bracket from factory, regardless of which state/province its going to.

If I remember correctly, blwnsmoke had ordered an ST from an MI dealer, and noted it had a front plate bracket, even though MI is a 1 plate state.

I think all 6th gens come with a front bracket from factory, regardless of which state/province its going to.

If I remember correctly, blwnsmoke had ordered an ST from an MI dealer, and noted it had a front plate bracket, even though MI is a 1 plate state.

That's because my dealer added the option code. You can choose to not add the code and it will not come with it. System will only allow that in 1 plate states.

That's because my dealer added the option code. You can choose to not add the code and it will not come with it. System will only allow that in 1 plate states.
Ah, thanks for clarifying, I haven't been in the 6th gen forum that much recently.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Blue ST came without the front plate (Pics in the picture thread) although I have seen a couple with front plates on the dealers lot. Kinda stupid in my opinion but some dealers in FL think people will put logo plates and such in the front plate down here in FL.

Back