Another Magnetic ST Ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Magnetic ST Ordered

Here's a summary of my ST order:
6/28/19 ordered
8/8/19 scheduled to week (9/23)
8/16/19 scheduled to day (9/24)
9/16/19 sent to plant
9/17/19 window sticker appeared on Ford's order tracking website
9/26/19 produced
9/26/19 released for shipment (convoy)
9/27/19 in transit
9/30/19 delivered

I purchased my ST the day it was delivered to the dealership. Thus far I have 3 issues to resolve with the dealership: a clicking in the steering column when adjusting vertically, no ST logos on the floor mats, and FordPass can't locate my parked ST. I'm assuming these are relatively minor issues easily resolved when I take it back to the dealership next week.

Good luck to everyone awaiting arrival of your orders. I'm thinking 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery should soon be the norm rather than the exception.

There are no ST logos on the mats so that problem isn't a problem.

Do you see your tire pressure, miles and oil life on the app? Have you tried deleting the vehicle and adding it back with the VIN?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are no ST logos on the mats so that problem isn't a problem.

I wondered about that. Ford's website says, "First and second-row floor mats with unique badging." However the window sticker simply says, "carpeted floor mats." Thanks for clearing that up.

I wondered about that. Ford's website says, "First and second-row floor mats with unique badging." However the window sticker simply says, "carpeted floor mats." Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited my post with more questions.

Edited my post with more questions.

It shows fuel level, distance to empty, tire pressure, and odometer reading, but no location or oil life. I've got an '18 Mustang that does show the above info as well as oil life and location.

I just found this in the 3/1/19 dealer order guide. Seems like we should have vehicle location for one year.

FordPass Connect™
— 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot connects up to 10 devices 5
— Remotely start, lock and unlock vehicle6
— Schedule specific times to remotely start vehicle 6
— Locate parked vehicle 6
— Check vehicle status 6

5 Includes a complimentary trial subscription of 3 months or 3 gigabytes –
whichever comes first. Wireless Service Plan required after trial subscription
ends. Visit att.com/ford to start complimentary trial and sign up for a Wireless
Service Plan.
6 Includes service for one year from the vehicle sale date as recorded by the
dealer.

I wonder if the dealer didnt activate that feature yet. I assume this gets activated based on the sale being reported to ford since it is 1 yr from sales date. Some dealers only report sales weekly, some do it every few days etc. This may be the cause of it now showing (just a guess).

I made sure my dealer reported it that day because Incouldnt get an ESP through Joel till Ford got the sale recorded from the dealer. They promised it would be sent in by 5pm that day in the system.

Hmm... They set my ST up on my FordPass app and commented that my 42,000 points would be forth coming. Since 9/30 was the end of month sales rush, they might not have reported it yet. I'll keep this issue on my list. By the way, re the mat logo issue, Ford apparently made a running change some where along the way. I had saved an early window sticker from one of the first STs to show up in my area. It lists, "Carpet Mats With ST Logo." So some early deliveries apparently had them. Oh well....

One last thing, I'll be sending you a PM re Joel in the next week or two once I'm through dealing with the other issues.

ST logos on the floor mats is an error on the window sticker. They did not make them. I looked into it.

ST logos on the floor mats is an error on the window sticker. They did not make them. I looked into it.

It's also an error on Ford's website and in the dealer order guide. Not a big deal, but floor mats with the ST logo would have been a nice touch.

........... Not a big deal, but floor mats with the ST logo would have been a nice touch.
Only to be covered by all-weather mats or floor liners.;)

Peter

Back