sport trac timing chain | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sport trac timing chain

Nice set up just was out of my price range. So I went with oil pan to 12 volt electric pump to the oil filter adapter should cost me right around 200 bucks.

Yeah, I had originally sourced the parts to go with an electric pump system, but I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the Insta-Lube system. With 2 grand worth of new parts and a ton a labor I figure what's a few hundred bucks more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I had originally sourced the parts to go with an electric pump system, but I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the Insta-Lube system. With 2 grand worth of new parts and a ton a labor I figure what's a few hundred bucks more.
I thought the same thing when I spent the money. But then I lost my job right after doing all the TC. So I figured something was better than nothing. And once I get a job I will spend the money to get the right stuff and put this one on my Expedition. I'd like to see your setup once you're done

This is the system I use
I charged it with 2psi of air a few years ago
With a bike pump while it was empty . ... air compressor was way to much..
I don't dump it at oil changes I just start the truck when cold so it fills with Max pressure
About a quart in there
then change the oil normal

That way when I start it after the oil change No dry start all us shoc owners know about that dry start lol

I thought the same thing when I spent the money. But then I lost my job right after doing all the TC. So I figured something was better than nothing. And once I get a job I will spend the money to get the right stuff and put this one on my Expedition. I'd like to see your setup once you're done

I can't say when I'll actually be done, but @donalds installed the Insta-Lube system and I think he has photos. It's a really simple system where the engine provides pressurized oil to the reservoir/tank, which stores the pressurized oil and then releases it back into the engine before starting. The electric pump system works equally well, but is a lot more bulky and the electric pump is the weak link. IIRC the Insta-Lube system just uses an electric solenoid valve to release the oil from the reservoir back into the engine.

I can't say when I'll actually be done, but @donalds installed the Insta-Lube system and I think he has photos. It's a really simple system where the engine provides pressurized oil to the reservoir/tank, which stores the pressurized oil and then releases it back into the engine before starting. The electric pump system works equally well, but is a lot more bulky and the electric pump is the weak link. IIRC the Insta-Lube system just uses an electric solenoid valve to release the oil from the reservoir back into the engine.
I will have to take a look at his post once I learn how to find it. I'm new to this site and still trying to find my way around but with all these advertisements it drives you crazy. LOL

Back