Floor, cargo mats / liners | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor, cargo mats / liners

Does anyone make a liner that both covers your cargo area and fold up with the 3rd row seats?

I bought a liner from my Ford dealer that covers the whole cargo area when the 3rd row seats are in the stowed area. You have to remove it when you raise the 3rd row seats.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought a liner from my Ford dealer that covers the whole cargo area when the 3rd row seats are in the stowed area. You have to remove it when you raise the 3rd row seats.

I have it as well in my 2020. It would be cool if someone made one with a hinge/bend point where the seats meet the floor. Then maybe some clip or something to hold it to the back of the seats when they are up.
1 (4).png

I believe that I've seen that type of liner/cover here somewhere in the 5th gen Forum..

Peter

I got a mat made Lloyd Mats. They have various materials you can order at different price points. I got the black “velourtex” cargo mat for $105 plus $8 shipping and it arrived 7 business days later and fits perfectly. It’s very similar in texture/thickness to the stock floor mats. It is thin enough that it can fit under the cargo board (can’t quite fit with the two side boards in, though).

1E453208-7C2A-4352-983D-11F8F602DBAB.jpeg

1293A3E5-446A-4BC0-830B-D4D06AE9657C.jpeg

A9347FB7-1D18-479E-A672-3B052099C26C.jpeg

D2870994-B270-4E8C-8C2A-09F98372F815.jpeg

Was just on the weathertech site. They have the floor liners for the cargo area. Chose between third row down or up. Did they just release these or have they had them?

Had the husky liners in previous sport, wondering the big difference between husky and weathertech.

Was just on the weathertech site. They have the floor liners for the cargo area. Chose between third row down or up. Did they just release these or have they had them?

Had the husky liners in previous sport, wondering the big difference between husky and weathertech.
I've never had the WeatherTeck liners due to their limited coverage but I've read a few posts here that the Husky liners are sturdier.

Peter

Hi Gang
Just got my Black ST on 10/9/19 and searched WeatherTech for liners. They had no front or second row but had a full back liner to cover third row,(I'll never try to stuff any people back there anyway).
Searched again today Monday 10/14/19 and found they have added the laser cut front row but still no 2nd row.

WeatherTech Front row part no.4415751, cargo full back area part no. 401304. I hope these are accurate, direct from WeatherTech.com site.
I expect 2nd row will be live soon.

John in Wisconsin

Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:
I checked the fronts out on their website and although the picture is listed as "representative" I noticed there is no coverage under the accelerator. Does the 2020 Explorer allow for a liner to be slipped under the pedal? I can see that being a problem come Winter time. I wanted to compare with Husky which for the 5th gen had better all around coverage but they don't have them yet.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:
I checked the fronts out on their website and although the picture is listed as "representative" I noticed there is no coverage under the accelerator. Does the 2020 Explorer allow for a liner to be slipped under the pedal? I can see that being a problem come Winter time. I wanted to compare with Husky which for the 5th gen had better all around coverage but they don't have them yet.

Peter

No, the pedal is bolted to the floor instead of from an arm above.

I wonder why they have Explorer and Explorer ST as selections when the liners appear similar? BTW, the price seems to have dropped $10. I checked the site earlier today and they were $119.95.

Peter
Same part number for both the 2020 Explorer and the 2020 Explorer ST. Fits both. Likely due to the vehicle search tool.
Vehicle:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Edit Vehicle
Part Number: 4415751

Any feedback or photos of the WeatherTech liners? Not really happy with the way sand gets behind the gas pedal area of the carpet on the Ford liners. The older versons of the WeatherTech mats held the sand away from the carpet areas under the pedal.

2019-10-17 18.53.25.jpg

2019-10-17 18.55.03.jpg

Any feedback or photos of the WeatherTech liners? Not really happy with the way sand gets behind the gas pedal area of the carpet on the Ford liners. The older versons of the WeatherTech mats held the sand away from the carpet areas under the pedal.

View attachment 174907

View attachment 174908
I just noticed a different design of the 2020 Explorer pedal (attached at the floor). Earlier models appera to have been attached above the floor allowing a liners to go up behind the pedal. Perhaps all liners will have this problem on the 2020's?

I don't see any solution due to the now floor-mounted accelerator. I can just imagine the mess that will create up here in Winter. I'm guessing the Husky liners will be much the same design.

Peter

I don't see any solution due to the now floor-mounted accelerator. I can just imagine the mess that will create up here in Winter. I'm guessing the Husky liners will be much the same design.

Peter
Another comment about the material. The WeatherTech has a better surface to vacuum up dirt and sand leaving the liners almost like new after a vacuum. The surface of the ford liners are softer and the sand and dirt stick requiring the liners to be removed and washed to make them look good again. I don’t expect the Ford liner to last as long as WeatherTech. I will keep using them until I get feedback on the new WeatherTech and Husky when they come out.

I didn't want to go WeatherTech this time because the harder plastic sometimes gets slick when your shoes are wet or in snowy conditions. The softer Ford liners have worked very well so far when my shoes have been wet or slick from mud/sand

weathertechdriverside.jpg
weathertechfrontliners.jpg
frontdriverside.jpg
I just received my WeatherTech front liners. As most of you surmised, the drivers side cuts out around the gas pedal just like the Ford Carpets that came with the car. They fit well and are the same sturdy material that most other WeatherTech liners seem to be made of. (see attached pics)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another comment about the material. The WeatherTech has a better surface to vacuum up dirt and sand leaving the liners almost like new after a vacuum. The surface of the ford liners are softer and the sand and dirt stick requiring the liners to be removed and washed to make them look good again. I don’t expect the Ford liner to last as long as WeatherTech. I will keep using them until I get feedback on the new WeatherTech and Husky when they come out.
I believe the Husky Weatherbeater liners are similar in material to that of the WeatherTech. It is the X-Act Contour liners that are the softer ones. I am also anxious to see the Husky Liners. Disclaimer; I have not personally handled WeatherTech liners, have only seen pictures.

Peter

Back