MFT Sync 2 to Sync 3 Screen Stays On While Car is OFF | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Sync 2 to Sync 3 Screen Stays On While Car is OFF

gh0st

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT 3.5 NA
Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure if this fell under the 2015 sync 2 forum or this one, so here we are lol. :dunno:

So I just swapped my 2015 Explorer MFT Sync 2 to Sync 3 GEN4, Ver 3.3. I have figured out how to enable all of my features in the APIM.

The issue is that my screen stays on when I turn off and lock the vehicle. The screen does its power off video, but at night I can see that the backlight is still on.

I have tried using the AsBuilt data from a 2017 and I will soon try using a 2020 (from my research it comes with the new GEN4 sync 3 2019 model). It has the one usb port on the rear.

I have been bashing my head in trying all sorts of values to try and figure it out. I even tried the default APIM AsBuilt (from a Ford Everest), and it exhibits the same symptoms.

Now one issue I do have is that I am awaiting a new USB hub, as the one I bought on eBay was lacking the darn microusb connector in the hub. WTF??
Maybe it is looking for this as the USB is not connected?

All my internet searching has not turned up any good leads.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I'm weary that this is going to kill my car battery.
icon_e_sad.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was moved to this subforum.
Have you tried turning it OFF with its own ON/OFF button?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was moved to this subforum.
Have you tried turning it OFF with its own ON/OFF button?

Peter
All that does is make it play the turn off splash video, and the backlight stays on.

The electrical architecture changed from the 2011-2015(It was either C1MCA or CGEA 1.2) models to the 2016-2019+(CGEA 1.3) models. Sync 3.0 supports supports the older C1MCA and CGEA 1.2, but Sync 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 dropped support for C1MCA and CGEA 1.2 and is therefore incompatible with your particular model vehicle.

The electrical architecture changed from the 2011-2015(C1MCA) models to the 2016-2019+(CGEA 1.3) models. Sync 3.0 supports supports the older C1MCA, but Sync 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 dropped support for C1MCA and is therefore incompatible with your particular model vehicle.
Would it be possible to downgrade a gen4 to 3.0?

Or do I need to purchase an older APIM with the two usb ports?

Would it be possible to downgrade a gen4 to 3.0?

Or do I need to purchase an older APIM with the two usb ports?
Unfortunately there is no way to reflash the APIM's from 3.4 to 3.0 without the tools used in the factory. I suspect the hardware is the same or very similar.

Unfortunately there is no way to reflash the APIM's from 3.4 to 3.0 without the tools used in the factory. I suspect the hardware is the same or very similar.
I am currently on 3.3. Does that help any?

I am currently on 3.3. Does that help any?
Man I hope you figured this out, there is just one change in forscan that updates the power control, here is the link from the forscan forum and info about the line to change.

7D0-06-01 x1xx change the 0 to 1 and it should turn your screen off now.

viewtopic.php?t=8384&start=10

Man I hope you figured this out, there is just one change in forscan that updates the power control, here is the link from the forscan forum and info about the line to change.

7D0-06-01 x1xx change the 0 to 1 and it should turn your screen off now.

viewtopic.php?t=8384&start=10

Well, I got 3.4 running on a 2013 model after I posted this. I can post the as built data if anyone still needs it. The issue with electrical architecture support appears to be a hardware change with certain APIMs built in 2018 and later.

Back