New v3.0 Build Available | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New v3.0 Build Available

Did anyone here who updated manually via owners.ford.com have an issue reporting a successful update?

When I get to step 4 of 4 it gives me an error and I can't upload the file to the site.
No issue here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No issue here.

On step 4 I get the error that Owner.ford.com is temporarily unavailable.

"This website will be or currently is being refreshed.

Some content may not be available. Thank you for your patience during this maintenance period."

I did mine on Sept.30th. Should have mentioned that.

Peter

On step 4 I get the error that Owner.ford.com is temporarily unavailable.
"This website will be or currently is being refreshed.
Some content may not be available. Thank you for your patience during this maintenance period."

Just did my update. Also not able to complete step 4. Web page unavailable.

Tom

Tom
Which browser? I get errors using Chrome but Firefox seems to work. I'm just now downloading the update, though.

I got the same result in Firefox.

Which browser? I get errors using Chrome but Firefox seems to work. I'm just now downloading the update, though.

I got the same result in Firefox.
I'm using Chrome. I didn't have any problems with steps 1-3. It's only step 4 that doesn't work. I though maybe the problem was that I didn't do all steps in one flow. So I started at step 1 again and went through each step, but again step 4 doesn't work. Just tried it again.
ford1.jpg

Appears to be an issue with the website, not your end.

Peter

Has anyone tried to contact Ford over the website issue?

Here is the response I received when contacting Ford:

Currently owners are not able to confirm SYNC 3 software updates on the owner website. When connected to an available Wi-Fi network, the update will be confirmed once a Key Cycle is completed. A WiFi signal strength of 4 bars (full strength) with reliable internet service will typically allow SYNC 3 to confirm the update. It may take up to a month to confirm the update due to network conditions/connectivity.

Found this in the Ask Ford section of the website.

Issues Confirming Update on the Owner Site
If you update your SYNC 3 software using a USB, you may not be able to confirm the software update on the Ford Owner website. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. You may have the option to update your SYNC software through Wi-Fi.

Found this in the Ask Ford section of the website.

Issues Confirming Update on the Owner Site
If you update your SYNC 3 software using a USB, you may not be able to confirm the software update on the Ford Owner website. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. You may have the option to update your SYNC software through Wi-Fi.
I had an issue reporting a successful update prior to the last one and it must have updated my account via WiFi while the Explorer was parked in the garage since my account showed it was updated.

Peter

I had an issue reporting a successful update prior to the last one and it must have updated my account via WiFi while the Explorer was parked in the garage since my account showed it was updated.

Peter
Where in your account do you look for that. I'm not finding anything.

Tom

Hi Tom. I don't believe the 'Update History' is shown any longer. I was looking for that just before doing my latest update and did not see that option any more.

Peter

Tom
Update... Tried to do step 4 again today to upload the XML and this time it worked.

Tom

Can't seem to find anything from Ford that states what the latest updated version is for my Sync 3. The car shows Version 3.0 Build: 19205 and shows no update available. However, I have run into issues in the past hence my post. What is the current Version and Build?
Thanks

Can't seem to find anything from Ford that states what the latest updated version is for my Sync 3. The car shows Version 3.0 Build: 19205 and shows no update available. However, I have run into issues in the past hence my post. What is the current Version and Build?
Thanks
Your thread was merged with this one that should answer your question. You have the latest version.

Peter

New user, but familiar with legacy Sync update procedures on my 2011 Escape...

This post concerns the 2017 Explorer Sport w/ Nav, Sync 3 v 3.0 build 18093_PRODUCT, Gracenote v 1.1.1.1139, Nav maps v NA 1 15:

Attempted to update via owner.ford.com and pulled JR3T-14G381-AS.zip
When attempting to extract (using native win10 file explorer or winrar) I'm prompted with errors on JR3T-14G391-CE.tar.gz and JR3T-14G381-AS.tar.gz (unspecified error 0x80004005 from windows, checksum error from Winarar - corrupt archive). I've tried pulling with Chrome, Firefox and Edge - same results with all.
Obviously, these files didn't make it to USB and I'm assuming caused my LST_ERR05 error code.
I've enjoyed all the color commentary on OTA/Wifi updates and foolishly wasted an hour sitting in the car, trying multiple SSID's only to have JR3T-14G391-CE_1557247163000.TAR.GZ barely make it to about 40%...

I read about the migration of binaries to the new server. Perhaps the files were corrupted? Or are these deliberately flagged to prevent install? This experience has been less than thrilling so far :)

New user, but familiar with legacy Sync update procedures on my 2011 Escape...

This post concerns the 2017 Explorer Sport w/ Nav, Sync 3 v 3.0 build 18093_PRODUCT:

Attempted to update via owner.ford.com and pulled JR3T-14G381-AS.zip
When attempting to extract (using native win10 file explorer or winrar) I'm prompted with errors on JR3T-14G391-CE.tar.gz and JR3T-14G381-AS.tar.gz (unspecified error 0x80004005 from windows, checksum error from Winarar - corrupt archive).
Obviously, these files didn't make it to USB and I'm assuming caused my LST_ERR05 error code.
I've enjoyed all the color commentary on OTA/Wifi updates and foolishly wasted an hour sitting in the car, trying multiple SSID's only to have JR3T-14G391-CE_1557247163000.TAR.GZ barely make it to about 40%...

I read about the migration of binaries to the new server. Perhaps the files were corrupted? Or are these deliberately flagged to prevent install? This experience has been less than thrilling so far :)

Have you tried re-downloading the update package again? Different day? A bad download isn't unheard of and can manifest in a few different ways. LST_ERR05 is thrown when it can't find a package in the script.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried re-downloading the update package again? Different day? A bad download isn't unheard of and can manifest in a few different ways. LST_ERR05 is thrown when it can't find a package in the script.
Day 1 of ownership, so just today for attempts - but yes, have tried downloading about a dozen times/ways. Is there an alternative way to download the packages and reassemble?
The zip downloads fine, but two of the packages inside the syncmyride folder are not clearing for some reason...

Back