• Register Today It's free!

Fng

Greekwhiteboy

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey everyone. This is my first time on a forum ever in my life although I've read through plenty of them. I am currently working on my 1996 Explorer XLT with a 5.0 in it.bought this truck all beat to hell and have slowly been replacing damn near everything. I ran into a problem with the oil cooler leaking all over so I ordered a remote filter kit to install. Only problem is that the kit didn't include an adapter that goes into the block where the oem oil adapter bolt would normally go. I've called ford and searched everywhere for the size of this bolt but not only has the whole set up been discontinued, the size of the bolt isn't included in their catalogs and they can't tell you. So I'm hoping someone out there knows the size of this bolt so I can have something machined up. By the way, I notified the maker of this product of the omission of this critical part and they pretty much told to me tough ****. Be ready to be disappointed if you order anything from trans-dapt. And they recommended a fram filter.i should have known. Thanks for any help in advance!
Part number E8TZ-6894-A

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Many years ago I installed their dual filter kit with two gray hoses. The end of the hose had a built in yellow seal which always leaked since it was installed. Replacement hoses weren't any better.

I'd change the threaded bung out in the block to use the 95 and earlier stuff. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome.

I'd change the threaded bung out in the block to use the 95 and earlier stuff. Welcome to the forum!
Welcome to this forum! Many years ago I installed their dual filter kit with two gray hoses. The end of the hose had a built in yellow seal which always leaked since it was installed. Replacement hoses weren't any better.
Hey thanks for the reply! This kit has the same seal you're talking about.im going to use hose clamps as well and see how it turns out. Ended up just have a nipple fabricated at the shop to accommodate kit.

Thanks for the welcome and advice! I actually didn't look at the bung as close as I wanted to due to the location. Had to unbolt the upper control arm just to get to the filter housing bolt friggin frustrating. If the whole assembly is removable with motor installed that would be optimal. I'll be tearing it all out again tomorrow so I'll look.

Back