18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack

Matt1220

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
So has anyone on this forum been able to fit a set of 18" steel rims on their ST (street pack)?? The dealership keep saying "there is nothing on the system"... it's very frustrating. They are trying to sell me a set of aftermarket 18" aluminium wheels (300 each...).

It was the same deal when I asked for the crossbars... parts counter: "nothing on the system... vehicle is too new"... I went into the lobby, googled for about 45 seconds and came back to them with a parts number...

I haven't had the same luck looking for an 18" steel wheel. The dealership says the issue is the offset because of the big calipers...

Anyone having better luck finding something?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Matt.:wave:
For the first time I'm having the Winter tires (Bridgestone DM-V2) installed on the OEM wheels. The 18" setup I used on my 2017 Explorer won't fit the Aviator and extra wheels were too expensive this time around. Apparently the size of the hub was increased. Don't know about the offset.

Peter

Thanks Peter! I used to lurk around hear years ago when I had my 2013 Limited... changed that for a Pathfinder and F150 back in 2016 (loved my F150 but the Pathfinder was like drinking stale water left on your nightstand... your getting hydrated but, meh...).

I considered simply mounting winter tires on the OEM 21s... but my concerns are the twice a year mounting costs, 21" winter tire costs, and the wear on the rims... So are you saying there may not be a cheap steel wheel option for us ST street pack owners?

Matt

See this post from blwnsmoke; Winter tires - questions
He apparently found some here in Canada at a reasonable price and is looking to have them shipped to the States. The wear on the rims/wheels is of some concern but I lease my vehicles so I only have them 3 - 4 years. I got lucky in that the dealer bought my Winter setup and applied it to the deal on the Aviator.

Peter

Peter

As I had mentioned before, my local dealer in Ottawa is selling me the PIU steel rims @ $100.00 each cnd p/n LB5Z-1015B
and sensors @$59.00 each cnd p/n TPMS-60

I have an appointment on Saturday 16th to change the Street Pack 21" wheels to the new 18" rims with my old winter tires installed on them,
I am taking the tires of my 18" 2018 steel rims and fitting them on the new 18" 2020 steel rims.

Brian

Those wheels (LB5Z-1015B) are $271.34 U.S. on the AutoNation site or around $360 Canadian plus tax = $407. Also, I would want wheel covers on those. Yout dealer is giving you a great deal on them. I know that the prices on wheels are quite a bit less in Canada. At $100/wheel that is only $12/wheel more than I paid in 2014.

Peter

Those wheels (LB5Z-1015B) are $271.34 U.S. on the AutoNation site or around $360 Canadian plus tax = $407. Also, I would want wheel covers on those. Yout dealer is giving you a great deal on them. I know that the prices on wheels are quite a bit less in Canada. At $100/wheel that is only $12/wheel more than I paid in 2014.

Peter

Peter, they retail in Canada for about $133 each. We do not know why it is far cheaper but the dealer isnt really giving a "great deal" being he is getting approximately 25% off MSRP which is pretty standard discount for wholesale accounts.

I'm willing to bet the pricing in the US will come down.

Wheel Assembly - Ford (LB5Z-1015-B) | Eastgate Ford Parts CA

Peter

As I had mentioned before, my local dealer in Ottawa is selling me the PIU steel rims @ $100.00 each cnd p/n LB5Z-1015B
and sensors @$59.00 each cnd p/n TPMS-60

I have an appointment on Saturday 16th to change the Street Pack 21" wheels to the new 18" rims with my old winter tires installed on them,
I am taking the tires of my 18" 2018 steel rims and fitting them on the new 18" 2020 steel rims.

Brian
Hi Brian,

Are you confirming that the LB5Z-1015B wheels WILL fit on a 2020 ST with the Street Pack calipers? I want to bring this to my dealer tomorrow...

Cheers!
Matt

Hi Brian,

Are you confirming that the LB5Z-1015B wheels WILL fit on a 2020 ST with the Street Pack calipers? I want to bring this to my dealer tomorrow...

Cheers!
Matt

Yes they will. The PIU essentially has the track pack brakes which is the same as the Street in size.

Hi Brian,

Cheers!
Matt

Matt

I cannot confirm 100% until Saturday, but my dealer is telling me yes, so I would feel pretty save in talking to your dealer.

Brian

Matt

I cannot confirm 100% until Saturday, but my dealer is telling me yes, so I would feel pretty save in talking to your dealer.

Brian
Thank you Brian!

Matt

Matt

Brian
So do they fit? Pics? :)

Matt

So do they fit? Pics? :)

Matt

I just got back from my dealer (5:00pm) and I can confirm that PIU Steel Rims p/n LB5Z-1015B
and TPMS p/n TPMS-60 fit a 2020 Explorer ST with Street Pack, but they look like dinky toy wheels after taking the 21" off.

No pictures yet, I will take some tomorrow in the in the daylight and try and post them.

Brian

I just got back from my dealer (5:00pm) and I can confirm that PIU Steel Rims p/n LB5Z-1015B
and TPMS p/n TPMS-60 fit a 2020 Explorer ST with Street Pack, but they look like dinky toy wheels after taking the 21" off.

No pictures yet, I will take some tomorrow in the in the daylight and try and post them.

Brian

Thanks Brian, glad to hear they fit. I ordered mine on Thursday. What did you get for tires. I’m going with the Michelin X ice Xi2. Can’t wait to see the pics. I’m sure going from 21s to 18s must be quite the downgrade...

Brian
Glad to hear that Brian. Any issues with the mentioned offset in the posts above? Approximately how much clearance is there between the calipers and the wheel?

Peter

Thanks Brian, glad to hear they fit. I ordered mine on Thursday. What did you get for tires. I’m going with the Michelin X ice Xi2. Can’t wait to see the pics. I’m sure going from 21s to 18s must be quite the downgrade...

As you can see in the pictures, they do fit OK, look funny but fit.
There is about 1/4" clearance from the caliper to the inside of the rim.

Matt, I have bridgestone blizzak, they are the tires I had on my 2018 Sport, they are one size to small, but I have to use them
for this year recommended difference in size is 3% my old ones are 3.4%.

Did you manage to get good pricing on the rims and TMPS.

Brian

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

Matt, I have bridgestone blizzak, they are the tires I had on my 2018 Sport, they are one size to small, but I have to use them

Brian

View attachment 175840

View attachment 175841

View attachment 175842

View attachment 175843

Hey Brian, thanks for the picks! Yeah I agree looks a bit small... but think about how nice it will look this spring when the 21s go back on!! :)

yeah they matched East gate ford’s online price of 118 for the wheels and your price for the sensors (59), wherever you got that price! Ha! They were charging me 130 and 75 before I asked for a price match.

what size are your tires? I have 265/60/18s coming.

Matt

Brian
Well done Brian. If my dealer hadn't bought my old set, I could have given you a deal on the center caps and lug nuts.;)

Peter

Well done Brian. If my dealer hadn't bought my old set, I could have given you a deal on the center caps and lug nuts.;)

Peter

Peter
I have the old lug nuts and centre caps, the lug nuts do not fit, I am looking for new
lug nuts 14mm x 1.5 with the raised edge so the centre cap fits.

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back