ESP Plans - questions

SHUMAX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
So, I'm in the market for an ESP program. I contacted Joel and he's not as competitive as FloodFordESP. First, anyone have an experience with FloodFord? If Joel we're closer, I would give him the business. The "gap," though, is too much.

Second, how does this work? You enter your criteria and then they "turn you on" in the system so that Ford dealers can see that you have the ESP that you paid for? How can I validate I got what I paid for?

I'm new to this, so I just want to be sure I have a good understanding of it before I shell out $2,000.

Thanks,
Shumax

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, I'm in the market for an ESP program. I contacted Joel and he's not as competitive as FloodFordESP. First, anyone have an experience with FloodFord? If Joel we're closer, I would give him the business. The "gap," though, is too much.

Second, how does this work? You enter your criteria and then they "turn you on" in the system so that Ford dealers can see that you have the ESP that you paid for? How can I validate I got what I paid for?

I'm new to this, so I just want to be sure I have a good understanding of it before I shell out $2,000.

Thanks,
Shumax

I dont think you are comparing apples to apples if you are saying Flood is much cheaper then Joel.

I definitely am. Sent him the price sheets.

Thanks,
Shumax
Same no interest payment plan?

? I didn't know there were payment "plans." I planned to pay for it all up front. Thinking about it, though, if there were no interest options, I would be interested. I wouldn't pay more for it, though. I sent Joel another note, this evening, with updated pricing sheets from FloodFord and my local dealer. My local dealer is a lot higher.

More than anything, I want to know how this works. If I buy from Flood / Joel, do they just flip a switch and the warranty is assigned to my VIN, so that any dealer can see it? How can I validate that's "happened?" Somewhat unnerving to just have someone charge your credit card $2,000 not have much to show for it. Then again, I've not been down this path, which is why I am asking :)

Thank you,
Shumax

I definitely am. Sent him the price sheets.
Something doesn't seem right. I quoted both within the last 30 days and prices were exactly the same between the two.

As far as paperwork, either should send you a copy of the contract. You can also verify at any dealer what your warranty coverage is.

It has been mentioned that Joel has, I believe a 2 year no interest payment plan. I'm sure blwnsmoke will correct me if that is not correct.

Peter

As closure - Joel did a nice job with this. However, I needed to move quickly and purchased from another vendor for basically the same cost. FYI.

So he isnt as competitive ( and the gap is too much )but then you change to, "basically the same cost"??

Who crowned you king of negotiation? . He tightened up his quote so it was apples to apples. Suddenly, it was close to the same and I needed to move quickly on it and he was out...

Can you expound on tightened up his quote?

I was under the impression he and flood were quoting "at cost". The only variables should be deductible choice, key coverage, lighting coverage, rental, and such.

Were the coverages different or did you negotiate a better price than "published/quoted"?

The options quoted were not the same. Once we got to an apples to apples quote, it was very close to what I found locally. He, ultimately, was a bit lower; but, as I mentioned, I needed to move on it and he was out and not responding. No harm or foul. I just wanted to wrap it up, so I paid just a bit more for that convenience.

Who crowned you king of negotiation? . He tightened up his quote so it was apples to apples. Suddenly, it was close to the same and I needed to move quickly on it and he was out...

No clue what you are talking about regarding king of negotiations.

Joel sells at cost, no less, no more. All dealers pay the same cost to Ford for the plan. I stated you must not being comparing apples to apples which you stated you were (now you say you werent comparing identical options).

All I was doing was clarifying for those looking to buy a plan that Joel was not more than the other competitor (you originally said he was higher and didnt clear that up till I said something).

He does us a huge service for no profit and he also offers the 24 months financing at no charge and no interest.

Now that everything has been cleared up, this thread can die.

Back