5 Star Group Buy (dont buy) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5 Star Group Buy (dont buy)

Maybe 5star will explain their side at some point. There had to be a misunderstanding somewhere.

If you can find a misunderstanding in this, please let me know. His reply to my question was that he was the owner and yes they were not honoring it. I can post that when I get me laptop.

Anyone is free to buy from them, the fact they are now advertising their tune with the forums name as if this was planned is complete BS and slimy business tactics.

Screenshot_20190927-220618_Email.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't waste your money with 5 star. There are way better tuners out there like Torrie from Unleashed or Mike at mpt.

I've logged their tunes on my 3.5 eb and they are not something i would ever run. Fuel pressure dips, knock retard way too high, a/f was screwy,etc

Don't waste your money with 5 star. There are way better tuners out there like Torrie from Unleashed or Mike at mpt.

I've logged their tunes on my 3.5 eb and they are not something i would ever run. Fuel pressure dips, knock retard way too high, a/f was screwy,etc

I'd love to see those logs

Personally I have no experience in this world of tuning coming over to the Explorer from a Focus ST. Reading through this makes me wish Cobb would do for us like they've been doing with the Raptor.

Go with Shawn at SSI Tuning. Beating 5star left and right LOL

Its the same engine, given the same fuel you can only get so much out of it regardless who the tuner is. Some tunes may push the risk of damage a bit further than others is all. If someone claims they can get more power out of it than everyone else I would look elsewhere.

Hey Guys, Been in contact with 5 star trying to get a group buy setup for us ST owners (inquiring about Platinum owners too).

Although I have some of the answers and a price discount for us, I'm waiting on a little clarification (hoping to get today if not by tomorrow).

Once I get the info, I will post for anyone interested in taking advantage of the group buy.

I was just on their website and they have a $100 off Black Friday sale going rn for $599

Just read all the negative feedback in the earlier posts and I think I’ll hold off even if the tune is on sale lol

I was just on their website and they have a $100 off Black Friday sale going rn for $599
Welcome to the Forum Tyson.:wave:
Congrats on the ST.

Peter

91performance tune is solid. I'll dive into specifics when I get more miles on it.

91performance tune is solid. I'll dive into specifics when I get more miles on it.

Would love to see what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with pump 91 you get. Do you have a Dragy GPS by chance? Also, any change to the shift points or behavior?

Normal mode is just that, normal.
Sport mode is very aggressive, shift points and shift pressure alike. I surmise they modified the pedal mapping too.

The stock Sport mode throttle sensitivity is already a joke. If they made it even more so, that is a mistake. The throttle becomes harder to modulate simply because they want to give the impression that it's faster.

Hi All
Have had 7 ecoboost vehicles
First 4 used Livernois
Tried to get calibration from them for 2018 Expedition but was told it was not available May of 2018
Went with 5 star with N Gauge instead
Used 5 star for the 2018 F150 & now the 2020 ST
Very happy with both companies
Never had any trouble with any of my vehicles
Calibrator always ordered then day I purchased the vehilce

Hey BS - Thanks for revealing the type of business that 5-Star seems to be. Take advantage of (screw) the customer until he squeaks, then back off and act like it never happened.

PJ

Hey BS - Thanks for revealing the type of business that 5-Star seems to be. Take advantage of (screw) the customer until he squeaks, then back off and act like it never happened.

PJ

I know.. especially the fact they labeled the Explorer forum like it was some deal we worked out. Very shady and unprofessional. My money is going elsewhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back