Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

Based on the data here, seems the part started to be installed sometime around late October?

Post 42 has a November build without it yet post 55 with an Oct build does have it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post 42 has a November build without it yet post 55 with an Oct build does have it.
FWIW, my Aviator was an October build as well and it has it.

Peter

Just to add one more, my ST built October 30 has the deflector.
With photo evidence :)
IMG_20200115_152949.jpg
IMG_20200115_153609.jpg

How do ya know your build date? My window sticker has a date on the bottom with 10 02 19 and I dont have a deflector.

How do ya know your build date? My window sticker has a date on the bottom with 10 02 19 and I dont have a deflector.

That should be the date. There is also a sticker on the door jamb.

I went to a dealer near me since i live in NJ but i bought in NY because i have been with my dealer since 1998, so the dealer by me i use for recalls, oil change etc... They tried and was told by Ford that it had to been taken care of by the dealer of sale, so i called them a sent pictures that its missing and they are taking care of it, but the funny part is that they did not know anything about this part missing and that is on back order. I wander if for was trying to pass a fast one here and not do anything about it ? NOT NICE FORD....

Just returned from my selling dealer, I had the parts guy look up the air defector for my vehicle using it's VIN #. He indicated when he put the VIN # in it indicated it was not on the build sheet for the vehicle. The customer service rep. I was working with checked to see that I had the mounting holes for the air deflector. We decided to put it on order and we would work out something on the cost. I really feel it should be on the vehicle. My next step once it comes in is to take the issue up with FMC.

TBill

Just returned from my selling dealer, I had the parts guy look up the air defector for my vehicle using it's VIN #. He indicated when he put the VIN # in it indicated it was not on the build sheet for the vehicle. The customer service rep. I was working with checked to see that I had the mounting holes for the air deflector. We decided to put it on order and we would work out something on the cost. I really feel it should be on the vehicle. My next step once it comes in is to take the issue up with FMC.

TBill
My dealer is going to pick up cost.. I have made a complaint on the NHTSA and i have a case number. It may not be a dangerous thing but its missing.

Hi all, I just bought my 2020 ST and it's my first Ford! No air deflector on my car (manufactured 11/19), although our dealer gave us a loaner ST for a few days while mine was acquired (didn't get the manuf date) which did have the deflector.

I suspect this part is meant to act as a rear diffuser to generate additional rear downforce: Diffusers | Engineering basics | Aerodynamics - Racecar Engineering - although I do have to wonder at what speeds this would actually provide downforce on a vehicle this heavy :)

btw, how do you guys get the exact manufacturing date?

If you look on your window sticker on the bottom under the box which shows the Total MSRP Price, just below that in the bottom section, last six digits xx xx xx is the build date.

TBill

I go by the date that is at the bottom right, just outside of the box. On mine it reads 1201910091452 Build date would be 20191009 or Oct. 9th, 2019. It is repeated at the very top of the Window Sticker as well just above the word BLEND. The numbers in the box below MRSP are different. "10 02 19".

Peter

petrerk9, you are right, I was wrong, now my build date reads 20190531, May 31, 2019. Yikes my Explorer is a month older than I thought:rant:

TBill

I go by the date that is at the bottom right, just outside of the box. On mine it reads 1201910091452 Build date would be 20191009 or Oct. 9th, 2019. It is repeated at the very top of the Window Sticker as well just above the word BLEND. The numbers in the box below MRSP are different. "10 02 19".

Peter
Weird, I dont have any of those numbers except the one under MSRP.

Here is where it is:

TBill

Build Date.jpg

My dealer is telling me it’s not available on mine. Can you let us know if you get yours installed.

I have had enough interaction with dealers the last few years including ordering my Aviator, to know some, if not all of them, lie at some point. I would not let your dealer have the last word, there are too many other sources to check these days.

petrerk9, you are right, I was wrong, now my build date reads 20190531, May 31, 2019. Yikes my Explorer is a month older than I thought:rant:

TBill

My vehicle was built on the same day as yours. I have had none of the problems that are being reported.

My vehicle was built on the same day as yours. I have had none of the problems that are being reported.
No problems with mine either, other than the air deflector missing and the towing eye.

TBill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back