Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

I noticed that the options - at least on the ST - went up as well.

Twin Panel Moonroof is now $1,795, High Performance Package $1,705, Street Pack $1,105 and Technology Package $1,195.
Dang i see that. So the ST with street, tech, and moon, will be msrp of $60,030 now from $59,620? Ford having to do these extra discounts because sales arent doing great, one would say partly because the price is already so high, so they raise the price further?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, so I went to my local dealer today to have a closer look at the ST and really liked what I saw. I took a test-drive and that sealed the deal. I told my SA what I was looking for and that due to the initial QC-issues, I would prefer a custom order. The dealer told me delivery would take 10-12 weeks and since my current Lincoln MKZ lease expires in April, I placed the order right on the spot.

Agate Black, High Performance Package, Premium Technology Package & Twin Panel Moonroof.

MSRP (incl. Destination & Acquisition): $61,560.00
Discount: $5,297

Total price (incl. Taxes/Fees, LeaseCare & TireCare): $58,260.60

$1,000 down, 39 Months / 15K miles/year, Monthly Payment (incl. Tax): $789.00

This is based on the current lease numbers and the $750 incentive. I requested that in case the numbers/incentives are better in April, I would get the better deal which might be possible by then. I will be starting my hunt now for personal cash offers by requesting brochures shortly...

Considering that this is only $50/month more than what we are paying for the MKZ (with potential for a better deal), I'm happy.

Did you check out the Aviator at all? Lincoln usually has lower interest rates on their leases. Mine was 1.99% for 48 months (currently 2.99%). Because your lease is 39 months, you would not have had to take out the Leasecare Warranty. The Lincoln warranty is 48 months.
I hope your ST gets there before your lease is up. I think it'll be close.

Peter

Did you check out the Aviator at all? Lincoln usually has lower interest rates on their leases. Mine was 1.99% for 48 months (currently 2.99%). Depending on the length of your lease, you may not have had to take out the Leasecare Warranty. My leases are 48 month max and that is the standard Lincoln bumper to bumper warranty.
I hope your ST gets there before your lease is up. I think it'll be close.

Peter

The Aviator with the options I wanted would have been north of $900/month.

The dealer at Ford stated that the APR for the 39 month lease was at about 1.8% (1.6% for 36 months).

LeaseCare was $620, TireCare ($485) would have been extra on the Aviator as well. The only thing I did not get which would have been included on the Aviator is the maintenance. They quoted me $1,300 for that but I don't see me paying that much on an Explorer over 39 months...

Honestly, I prefer the appearance of the ST (Black on Black with the Black Wheels/Red Calipers) over the design of the regular Aviator. The Black Label is a different story but then, we are closer to $1,100/month.

I wasn't looking for THE most luxurious SUV, either. I will take delivery of my BMW X7 next month and that will be the vehicle that is going to check all the boxes in that regards. The Ford will be the workhorse where you don't have to feel bad if you have a scratch in the trunk.

I'm still banking on improved lease-offers. While residual/APR aren't bad right now, the currently available incentives (only $750) are hopefully going to improve over the next couple of months.

All I can tell though is that the Explorer ST drives like a beast. Puts my Audi Q7 to a shame...:thumbsup:

.............................................All I can tell though is that the Explorer ST drives like a beast. Puts my Audi Q7 to a shame...:thumbsup:
The Aviator has the same engine and when I tried it in "Excite" mode.....all I could do was hang on and say is WOW.
Good luck with the order. Any applicable incentives at the time of purchase will apply, or you can keep the current ones if they are better.

Peter

The Aviator has the same engine and when I tried it in "Excite" mode.....all I could do was hang on and say is WOW.

Absolutely! I've seen several reviews, quoting this engine as 'really fast'..well, I can confirm that...

Good luck with the order. Any applicable incentives at the time of purchase will apply, or you can keep the current ones if they are better.

Peter

Thanks, I'll keep you all updated and will certainly be more active on here now since I FINALLY got my order in after almost 10 years..:D

Yep, looks like the $3500 went into effect on 1/3/2020. The $750 "aged inventory" rebate can also be applied (this is for Explorers that have been on dealer lots for more than 60 days), putting potential rebates to $4250. Now all I need is a Private Offer for $3k. I already have several dealers willing to go down to invoice, and give up holdback and floor plan assist, which translates into roughly $5200 off of MSRP, before rebates. Here's the math I have so far:

MSRP: $59,620

Invoice: $57,208

Less Holdback: $1,789

Less Floor Plan Assist: $995

Dealer Extended Price: $54,424

Less Factory Rebates: $4250

Price After Factory Rebates: $50,174

Less Private Offer: $3000

Price After Private Offer: $47,174

Less DDR: $1000

Price After DDR: $46,174

Doc Fee: $199

Grand Total: $46,373 (before taxes). Roughly 22% off of MSRP. Not quite 25%, but close!

Also, I call DDR above my "Dealer Desperation Rebate" that I'm looking to get at month-end, whereby, the dealer is willing to lose $1000 in order to get their overall sales numbers up for the month, so that the dealer is able to receive a large factory-to-dealer volume rebate if they sell a certain number of vehicles for the month. I have been successful in getting this one in the past, but not all the time. Heck, I might even shoot for $2k, which would put me right at 25% off of MSRP! Given the high inventory of ST's I'm seeing on lots around me, I think $2k might be possible. Within 30 miles of my zip code, Ford's website is showing 100+ ST's in inventory! That's crazy! A dealer I spoke to recently said something will have to give on the Ford side. Maybe the new $3500 rebate is just what the doctor ordered!

We're getting there! Can't wait to buy my ST! I'm remaining patient, and I'm sticking to my plan!

Thanks!
Saw a guy on reddit post this, apparently there are $2k PCO's going out for explorers, expires 3/31. Hoping i get one!

ugC4rcP_d.jpg

Crazy, i just did a "request internet price" for a local dealer i have been talking to. 10 minutes later i got a PCO email, $1,250.

upload_2020-1-16_22-23-48.png

Crazy, i just did a "request internet price" for a local dealer i have been talking to. 10 minutes later i got a PCO email, $1,250.

Nice! Too bad it's not the $3k one :-(. My local dealer said that he's seeing the $3k PCO periodically. He said they're definitely out there!

Does anyone know if Lincoln ever offers PCO or the like?

Does anyone know if Lincoln ever offers PCO or the like?

I just received one last week. $500 if I would get another MKZ.

Nice! Too bad it's not the $3k one :-(. My local dealer said that he's seeing the $3k PCO periodically. He said they're definitely out there!
So my local dealer is saying in their system they cant combine the PCO with the $3500 alternative cash rebate, in their system it wont let them select both. I called ford marketing at 800-334-4375 and they said it should combine with all rebates, the dealer called program head quarters and they said it does not combine with the alternative cash.

I thought the point of the PCO was that it went on top of basically everything?

..........I thought the point of the PCO was that it went on top of basically everything?
So on the offer you received, what does the "1" after the word "offers." signify?

Peter

So my local dealer is saying in their system they cant combine the PCO with the $3500 alternative cash rebate, in their system it wont let them select both. I called ford marketing at 800-334-4375 and they said it should combine with all rebates, the dealer called program head quarters and they said it does not combine with the alternative cash.

Not everything. There are certain extra rebates it will not combine with. The standard cash rebate should. But if the $3,500 is really a $2,250 cash, $750 old inventory and $500 bonus program, it may not work with 1 of them (this is purely an example).

How does the $3,500 breakdown?

So on the offer you received, what does the "1" after the word "offers." signify?

Peter

Obviously the section that says "may not combine with other private or commerical offers" is interesting, but wouldnt any other incentive be considered commerical? Then why does the top say "above and beyond any current offers" Seems to conflict a bit.
upload_2020-1-17_11-6-46.png

Not everything. There are certain extra rebates it will not combine with. The standard cash rebate should. But if the $3,500 is really a $2,250 cash, $750 old inventory and $500 bonus program, it may not work with 1 of them (this is purely an example).

How does the $3,500 breakdown?

Unsure, all of them just list $3500 for program #13684

1/3/2020 - 3/31/2020
Program #13684: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 03/31/2020. See dealer for complete details.

Few folks on reddit said customer cash (what the $3500 is) does not combine with PCO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The phone number is pretty accurate on what can be combined. Might try a different dealer maybe it is a zip code thing. There are some promotions that are area dependent.

Back