Rear view mirror

vallord

Reaction score
City, State
Whitehorse, YT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Good morning all,

I just realized today that my Explorer ST did NOT come with the auto-dimming rear view mirror... Is anyone else having the same issue?

I sent an email to my dealership and I’m waiting for a reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's standard equipment, you should have it look at your window sticker

Good morning all,

I just realized today that my Explorer ST did NOT come with the auto-dimming rear view mirror... Is anyone else having the same issue?

I sent an email to my dealership and I’m waiting for a reply.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The feature may not be listed on the Window Sticker. It isn't on mine. If you go to the Ford website and chose Build & Price, you will see that the "Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror" is a standard feature.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The feature may not be listed on the Window Sticker. It isn't on mine. If you go to the Ford website and chose Build & Price, you will see that the "Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror" is a standard feature.

Peter

It is a standard feature and that’s exactly my point. The issue is, it is NOT the rear view mirror that’s installed in my Explorer ST. I currently have the manual dimming rear view mirror.

It's a standard feature on all 2020 explorers and it is listed on your window sticker under standard equipment. It may not be listed on Peters vehicle due to the fact that it's not an explorer.

It is a standard feature and that’s exactly my point. The issue is, it is NOT the rear view mirror that’s installed in my Explorer ST. I currently have the manual dimming rear view mirror.
Can you post a picture of your rear-view mirror?

Here’s the 2 pictures I sent to the dealership

310C27B4-2029-41F4-9D92-C43835F55D99.jpeg

It's a standard feature on all 2020 explorers and it is listed on your window sticker under standard equipment. It may not be listed on Peters vehicle due to the fact that it's not an explorer.
That's possible. I checked the one for my previous 2017 Platinum and it shows "rearview mirror- Day/Night". It doesn't specify "Auto-dimming" although it was.

Peter

Thanks for the picture... So much for quality control

That's possible. I checked the one for my previous 2017 Platinum and it shows "rearview mirror- Day/Night". It doesn't specify "Auto-dimming" although it was.

Peter

It is listed on all the window stickers of 2020 explorers
It's listed under interior and described as AUTO-DIM REARVIEW MIRROR

Maybe it's a 'Yukon' special. If it's anything like when I was in Alert, you get 24 hours of daylight or night depending on the time of year.:D

Peter

I actually picked it up from Alberta... now I’m curious to see what else is wrong/missing. Like most of you guys, the rear air deflector is also missing. I’ll have to look for the tow hook and gas funnel now... let’s just say that I’m not happy right now

here's my Platinum

Attachments

• 2020 Sticker.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 184

I actually picked it up from Alberta... now I’m curious to see what else is wrong/missing. Like most of you guys, the rear air deflector is also missing. I’ll have to look for the tow hook and gas funnel now... let’s just say that I’m not happy right now
I started a thread on the fuel filler funnel in case some owners, like myself, didn't check to see if they had one.

Peter

Here’s what I got from the Alberta dealership:

That is definitely the wrong mirror..

I am working on a fix.

I pulled the warranty history and the only thing noted was that the mats
were missing on transit inspection, no damage noted. Which I noticed before delivery and we replaced.​

I am really not sure how that would have happened but some of the guys have said that things like that have happened at the factory before in the past.

Talk soon

I also requested the missing “rear air deflector” and the towing hook.

More to follow...

It is listed on all the window stickers of 2020 explorers
It's listed under interior and described as AUTO-DIM REARVIEW MIRROR

It is not on the window sticker for my 2020 XLT. Nowhere to be found, and I have a standard mirror, not an auto-dimming mirror. So maybe not all 2020's.

Edit: My build sheet shows "With Dipping Rear View Mirror" as well.

It is not on the window sticker for my 2020 XLT. Nowhere to be found, and I have a standard mirror, not an auto-dimming mirror. So maybe not all 2020's.

I had an XLT as a loaner for a week. It did not have an auto dimming mirror.

The XLT, regardless of package, has a Manual Day/Night mirror.

Peter

You are correct... and I am incorrect the 2020 XLT does not have that option.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here’s an update:

Sorry for the delay.

For the mirror we had to get the dealership that received the Explorer originally, to submit a miss-build request which they have.

We have also got our guy sending in a request for the air deflector and tow hook as none of our in stock units have them

Sorry for the delay but we will find a way to rectify the situation​

Back