• Register Today It's free!

Who has had NO problems at all?

scottfmc

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Platinum
Everyone I know that has a 2020 Explorer is having (or has already had) a major problem with the vehicle. It’s looking like a disaster for Ford. Who has had NO problems with their 2020? It’d be good to hear from them!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problems with mine so far, although it is not an Explorer, but it's assembled at the same factory.

Peter

No mechanical or electrical problems to date, missing rear air deflector and towing eye, dealer has them on order. Happy so far, love the power. 5/31/19 build date, about 3,100 miles so far!
TBill

I have the Aviator. Only issue was a factory paint flaw, now fixed. So far I love it.

No major issues for me at all. Dealership ordered air deflector and tow hook for me yesterday. No engine, transmission, or electrical problems. 2,925 miles with a July build date.

It would be helpful if everyone put their current mileage with their posts. I have 1,660 miles and have not needed any service. The dealer is aware of the missing air deflector and towing eye and has not received them yet. My build date is 11/19. So far I love driving this beast and also enjoy just staring at it!

Zero issues with 2055 miles on it. Only option is the premium technology package. Might be helpful to list build date mine was 9/19

13000 no major issues. I do hear something in the suspension on rough roads... but its not what what has been described as a major sound. Had a dealer cosmetic issue when I picked it up that was fixed.

ST with build date 6/7/19, picked up 7/1/19, 6,000 miles, no problems.

The seatback recall has been addressed, still need to have the fuel line recall done. I’m missing the tow hook and the rear deflector; I’m one of those who bought from a dealer farther away from me so watching the deflector thread on how that situation is being handled.

Really really enjoying the performance - not just at stoplights and curves, deep snow performance is fantastic with just all-season tires. 22 mpg overall, no regrets - but I did buy an ESP plan.

I own an ST with 7/26/19 blend/build date, 2700 miles, no issues since I purchased in early Sept other than having to replace a wrong puddle lamp on the drivers mirror whereas the non ST puddle lamp was wrongly put on at the factory. I will try and get the missing rear air deflector put on the car under warranty when I bring it in for the first oil change. I have checked & double checked the vehicle for just about everything brought up here in this forum, so far, so good. As others have reported, my suspension does occasionally make a muted hollow thumping sound when going over minor road abrasions. This is a very similar suspension sound that my previously owned Chicago plant built Taurus SHO & MKS Ecoboost both made. My initial thought on the occasional hollow thumping suspension sound was that it was normal and acceptable to me as it sounds & feels so similar to the SHO & MKS suspensions. My ST has exceeded my expectations in almost every way...

Reading all these posts does make me feel a bit more comfortable in regards to my vehicle I just ordered.;)

This thread is about people who havent had issues. Please keep it on topic.

This thread is about people who haven't had issues. Please keep it on topic.
The question in the original post was Major problems.... after 13k miles, I cannot say I had major problems. I have many of the annoyances mentioned in other posts, but nothing that, to me, constitutes a major problem that would require me to bring it in for specific service. To be honest, this group is going to be a subset of people highly interested in their vehicles, and I think the things I experienced 75% of buyers wouldn't notice or would just accept without complaining.

But I'm willing to bet that others have a different definition of "major"

7/23/19 Build Date, 6k mls. Knock on wood, no major issues. If I had any minor issues; missing "Rear Deflector" on order, expected in 2/20. Sync 3 is slow to load. Not a big issue, I normally let the truck warmup 1-2min before I start to drive anyway. It was missing the "Towing hook" but the dealer received it within 2 day's. The tune really opened it up, see the thread about that. I am extremely happy with the vehicle!!!
Jeff

The question in the original post was Major problems.... after 13k miles, I cannot say I had major problems. I have many of the annoyances mentioned in other posts, but nothing that, to me, constitutes a major problem that would require me to bring it in for specific service. To be honest, this group is going to be a subset of people highly interested in their vehicles, and I think the things I experienced 75% of buyers wouldn't notice or would just accept without complaining.

But I'm willing to bet that others have a different definition of "major"

The title says "who has had NO problems at all" and the OP again in his post stated that it seems everyone has or is having a major problem (nowhere did he ask for minor problems) and stated "who has had NO problems with their 2020? It would be good to hear from them."

My comment was a general comment to keep it on topic.

Any malfunctions (minor or major) that require a service visit would irk the general buying public, especially at the prices that Ford is charging for the 2020 Explorers. I've had many new Ford vehicles (see below), and none of them except the 2011 Explorer has ever hit the shop for an issue before 9-10 months in use. Call me lucky, but it's a thing most people would expect of a new car and something that Ford used to (maybe still does) value and tout.

Bought my Platinum 10-14-2019, so far no major problems. The only thing I don't like is that Sync 3 is sometimes slow to boot up, will have it looked at at next service.

No problems not caused by outside source (metal particle attaching itself to abs sensor).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2020 Platinum was built on June 25, 2019. It spent some time at Ford's Flat Rock plant for QC, and I took delivery on September 13, 2019. Since then, I've accumulated 1,979 miles and visited my dealer's service department only once to complain about ineffective windshield-wiper blades. Dealer installed new blades in about five minutes; problem solved.

Early on, I experienced some rhythmic static when listing to oldies on a distant AM radio station, but that seems to have resolved itself.

Back