Explorer Grille Emblem Modifications | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Grille Emblem Modifications

Awesome. Thank you for the reply. I think I found the guy on eBay. Is it the all Matte Black one you purchased? And did you make sure to buy one that had the Explorer in the description? I'm not sure if all Ford ovals are the same size or not.
On the 5th gen Explorers, the front and rear emblems were different sizes.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome. Thank you for the reply. I think I found the guy on eBay. Is it the all Matte Black one you purchased? And did you make sure to buy one that had the Explorer in the description? I'm not sure if all Ford ovals are the same size or not.
Yes definitely different sizes. The 2020 logos are specific to that vehicle. Yes Matte black with Gloss black Ford
The guys ebay was joe1966fairlane

I knew that the front and back were different sizes but wasn't sure if all Explorers/F-150's ext. used the same size. But it looks like the 2020 Explorer's have a different size rear than the previous generation.

Here are the photos of my installation.
IMG_0763[1].JPG
IMG_0759[1].JPG

Awesome brother they look great....how did you do the front one?????
Thank you
I had my girlfriend reach through the opening below the grille and she was able to remove the retaining nuts with a 10MM socket and install the ones on the new emblem. I put RTV on the nut so it would stay secure inside of the socket and held the back of the ratchet with my finger while she moved the ratchet

I just finished the rear one now for the front one! I used the guy on eBay. They turned out perfect.

Just finished the front grill! Love it! Thank you to my awesome wife! Her poor wrists. My 6’4” frame hands would not fit behind there.

Attachments

• 5D155508-6A2B-4E89-AB0A-6EA05D665E7D.jpeg
    5D155508-6A2B-4E89-AB0A-6EA05D665E7D.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 253
  • AB2F2C9D-07AD-48DB-953A-64C301C7AAF2.jpeg
    AB2F2C9D-07AD-48DB-953A-64C301C7AAF2.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 1F297909-2C93-4483-8A84-26CD937210A7.jpeg
    1F297909-2C93-4483-8A84-26CD937210A7.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 4D11A53E-CAE0-4087-B824-DE75ABCD35B6.jpeg
    4D11A53E-CAE0-4087-B824-DE75ABCD35B6.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 342C5041-CCCE-4163-A20C-BD54D9DE5EE4.jpeg
    342C5041-CCCE-4163-A20C-BD54D9DE5EE4.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 9F2EB2D2-8C86-4D9A-9237-D9735C94B375.jpeg
    9F2EB2D2-8C86-4D9A-9237-D9735C94B375.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 262

I just finished the rear one now for the front one! I used the guy on eBay. They turned out perfect.

Just finished the front grill! Love it! Thank you to my awesome wife! Her poor wrists. My 6’4” frame hands would not fit behind there.
Those are perfect!! Exactly what I have been wanting for mine. Did you have a link? If so, sorry I must have missed it

Here ya go!

Little pricey but I’m telling you they are stunning in person.

Those are perfect!! Exactly what I have been wanting for mine. Did you have a link? If so, sorry I must have missed it

They look great!!! So for the front....I see your wife wrists wow!!! How did she get it done ?? From the top or bottom? How is the logo connected in the back? By Clip or nut? Like you I am 6'5" and 260...my arms are not getting in there unless the whole grill comes off...Thanks

From the larger grill slats on the bottom. They are a 10mm but on both sides of the emblem. I recommend using a mirror to orient yourself with the nut and use a socket wrench. It doesn’t take much to get them on and off just frustrating and painful. But worth it. I looked at taking off the whole thing and it requires removal of the whole front bumper.

They look great!!! So for the front....I see your wife wrists wow!!! How did she get it done ?? From the top or bottom? How is the logo connected in the back? By Clip or nut? Like you I am 6'5" and 260...my arms are not getting in there unless the whole grill comes off...Thanks

I know some of you saw this pic I posted months ago. I love the black and red ones that you’ve installed but if your lazy like me these carbon fiber look overlays really are holding up well. I power wash my florida bugs off all the time and they are absolutely on forever.
93A325CA-8E36-4E99-BD84-1508CD8D77BA.jpeg

Something like this may look good.

FORD Black And Red Front Grille Or Tail Emblem 9" For F150,250,350,Edge,Explorer | eBay

It really depends on the color of the Explorer. I like the Black Emblem but also like the factory one for the Atlas Blue.

I like the Black Gloss Emblem with the Red "Ford" to blend in with the Red ST (Lucid Red or Rapid?? whichever it is called now).

I like subtle clean looks. I may take the ST off the rear of the vehicle..
I debadged the Magnetic ST. It's Agate Black replacement I'm leaving as is. The ST badges are aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

I know some of you saw this pic I posted months ago. I love the black and red ones that you’ve installed but if your lazy like me these carbon fiber look overlays really are holding up well. I power wash my florida bugs off all the time and they are absolutely on forever. View attachment 179840
Jim, slightly o/t. Are you going to keep the Vette ? I sold my '17 Z when I ordered the C8. Now I'm kind of wishing I hadn't.
Mike

Mike, we took possession of our C8 2 weeks ago today. Still sorry we sold our 17 grand sport. Love the C8 but you had to drive the C7. The 8 drives you! Having both would have been the answer! Jim
EB4C2DD0-163B-470A-BA11-1E66984636C9.jpeg

Mike, we took possession of our C8 2 weeks ago today. Still sorry we sold our 17 grand sport. Love the C8 but you had to drive the C7. The 8 drives you! Having both would have been the answer! JimView attachment 179883
Lol. Now you tell me.

Just got mine on this weekend. As Mr.Hyde said it isn't easy on the wrists reaching up in there but I wasn't about to start ripping off the front bumper cover just yet. I used my kids baseball arm sock which helped a little.
Also bumped the rear hatch with my ring and chipped it. Seems the paint is awfully thin idk.....

Attachments

• emblem.jpg
    emblem.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 215
  • chip.jpg
    chip.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 215

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you considered changing the 'blue oval' with a black one?

Peter

Hi, I am quite interested on this question. Anyone has done it on a 2020 Explorer?

Back