Deep Sleep Mode | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Deep Sleep Mode

Any chance you could get the actual SSM info?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran across this while trying to look up that SSM

6 Manufacturer Communicationsfor 2020 FORD EXPLORER
FILTER MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATIONS BY AFFECTED COMPONENTS

All (6)ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (1)ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING (2)EQUIPMENT (2)SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC (1)VISIBILITY (1)
November 28, 2019MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: SSM 48364
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, EQUIPMENT

NHTSA ID Number: 10168817

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 48364

Summary

Some 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator, 2019 Edge/Nautilus, 2020 Explorer/Aviator vehicles equipped with a family entertainment system may experience an issue where the audio not synchronized with the video display when using the vehicle speakers. To correct this condition, contact the VOXX Customer Service Department at 1-866-869-7888. For claiming, refer to the Warranty and Policy manual for Ford Licensed Accessories.

4 Affected Products
Vehicles
MAKE MODEL YEAR

FORD EDGE 2019
FORD EXPLORER 2020
LINCOLN AVIATOR 2020
LINCOLN MKX 2019
1 Associated Document
Request Research (Services fees apply)

November 14, 2019MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: 19B28
Components: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC

NHTSA ID Number: 10168823

Manufacturer Communication Number: 19B28

Summary

NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD

Customer Satisfaction Program 19B28

Certain 2020 Model Year Explorer ST Vehicles - Shipped w/o Performance Brake Package

1 Affected Product
Vehicle
MAKE MODEL YEAR

FORD EXPLORER 2020
1 Associated Document

October 11, 2019MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: 19B24
Components: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

NHTSA ID Number: 10167304

Manufacturer Communication Number: 19B24

Summary

NEW VEHICLE DELIVERY HOLD - Customer Satisfaction Program 19B24

Certain 2019 Model Year Ranger and 2020 Model Year Explorer Vehicles with 2.3L

EcoBoost Engines

Balance Shaft and Oil Pump Assembly Inspection

2 Affected Products
Vehicles
MAKE MODEL YEAR

FORD EXPLORER 2020
FORD RANGER 2019
1 Associated Document

September 24, 2019MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: 19B24-A
Components: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

NHTSA ID Number: 10165692

Manufacturer Communication Number: 19B24-A

Summary

Advance Notice NEW VEHICLE DELIVERY HOLD - Customer Satisfaction Program 19B24: Certain 2019 Model Year Ranger and 2020 Model Year Explorer Vehicles with 2.3L EcoBoost Engines - Balance Shaft and Oil Pump Assembly Inspection

2 Affected Products
Vehicles
MAKE MODEL YEAR

FORD EXPLORER 2020
FORD RANGER 2019
1 Associated Document

August 14, 2019MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: SSM 48135
Components: EQUIPMENT

NHTSA ID Number: 10164596

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 48135

Summary

Some 2013-2020 vehicles equipped with an EVDC air conditioning (A/C) compressor may exhibit poor A/C performance/improper climate function. To support the proper diagnosis of this compressor, the EVDC control valve tester has been provided to each U.S. dealership (339-EVDC100). Ensure the A/C system has a full charge prior to any compressor diagnostics. To support the proper diagnosis of this compressor, the EVDC compressor tool must be used, and the results recorded in the Technician comments field with the warranty claim. This tester will help reduce the potential for misdiagnosis and unnecessary compressor replacement. Refer to the Rotunda catalog for a video and user manual which provide detailed operating instructions.

115 Affected Products
Vehicles
MAKE MODEL YEAR

FORD ECOSPORT 2018-2019
FORD EDGE 2015-2019
FORD ESCAPE 2013-2019
FORD EXPEDITION 2020
FORD EXPLORER 2013-2020

Any chance you could get the actual SSM info?

Peter
Here it is:

SSM 48268 - 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility - Discharged Battery/No Crank - Built On Or Before 30-Aug-2019
Some 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility vehicles equipped with SYNC builton or before 30-Aug-2019 may exhibit a discharged battery/no crank condition. This may be caused by the software in the accessory protocol interface module (APIM), body control module (BCM) and/or the telematics control unit (TCU) module. To correct the condition, reprogram the APIM, BCM, and the TCU using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. If the BCM softwareupdate is not available in the FDRS Toolbox, a software fix is being developed.As a temporary fix, uninstall and reinstall FDRS selecting'remove all data'. If the battery drain concern is still present, follow normal diagnostics in Workshop Manual(WSM), Section 414-01 > General Procedures.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2020 CAR: TW U625N EXPLORER

I thought I would report an update here as well. Mine has been at the dealership for over a month now, and the last time I was able to see it had been moved was exactly 1 week ago. This is one issue they claimed to have fixed, but just a few minutes ago I received a notice that it went into deep sleep mode. Just wondering if anyone else has left the car alone for more than one week. It's supposed to be 2 weeks before it does that.

I thought I would report an update here as well. Mine has been at the dealership for over a month now, and the last time I was able to see it had been moved was exactly 1 week ago. This is one issue they claimed to have fixed, but just a few minutes ago I received a notice that it went into deep sleep mode. Just wondering if anyone else has left the car alone for more than one week. It's supposed to be 2 weeks before it does that.
My 2020 Explorer had that problem and I took it to the Dealership and they Reset all of the modules, and Thursday 7th of Feb my truck sent a message to my Ford App.
Screenshot_20200210-154013.png

Same issue for me. Received multiple notifications regarding the deep sleep mode. It has never sat for more than 48 hours. Took it in to the dealer, they removed the battery and hook it up to a battery charger until fully charged, completed a load test on the battery and it failed. Battery was replaced and no issues so far.

Same issue for me. Received multiple notifications regarding the deep sleep mode. It has never sat for more than 48 hours. Took it in to the dealer, they removed the battery and hook it up to a battery charger until fully charged, completed a load test on the battery and it failed. Battery was replaced and no issues so far.
They did the same and said that the battery was charging and the next week I'm back at the Dealership but I decided to go to another Dealership and they reprogrammed all of the modules, and again on the 7th of this month it died again so I called Roadside and they came out and jump my truck again, now If it happens again then I'm going ask for a new battery.

According to post #68, a software update is required.

Peter

According to post #68, a software update is required.

Peter
Mine was supposed to be upgraded....and now it seems like its still not right, but it did sit for one week before it went into deep sleep mode.

Mine was supposed to be upgraded....and now it seems like its still not right, but it did sit for one week before it went into deep sleep mode.
Mines didn't sit a it only sat the night after I drove it that day and that night it went in to a DEEP SLEEP MODE

Mines didn't sit a it only sat the night after I drove it that day and that night it went in to a DEEP SLEEP MODE
Is this after it was supposed to be upgraded?

I'm starting to get the feeling that the "Fix" isn't fixing this.
Yes my friend work at the factory where all of these trucks a assembled and she talk to one of her friend that work there with her, he said it is a module problem And he took my VIN number and he's supposed to tell me what module that is. That's messing up.

I have had my 2020 Explorer Platinum about three weeks. I recently left it in the garage for a trip (6 days), and on the return flight home I received a "Deep Sleep Mode Activated" FordPass alert on my phone. When I got back to the car, it would not start or respond, and acted like it had a completely drained battery. I was forced to jump it to get it going (last night).

I've triple checked for lights or other accessories on, and found nothing. The auto-start stop also seems disabled, which makes we wonder if there is a battery issue. Unfortunately, I just received another such alert, and am now wondering what to do next on this Labor day weekend. Anyone else experienced a similar issue?

P.S. I dare you all to figure out how to remove the battery on this vehicle.
Yes I had same problem with my 2020 explorer have not been to get it resolved with the dealer.

Yes I had same problem with my 2020 explorer have not been to get it resolved with the dealer.
Take to the dealer, they just need to do a update and that will take care of problem. They we're many early Explorer that had that issues and it was resolved with the update.

Did anyone get another Deep Sleep notice today? I got one just before 7 Am this morning. I hadn’t driven it since Sat afternoon and battery is fully charged. Should only do that if 14 days without a start or battery voltage drops below 9.5 Volts. Sounds like FordPass is having a some issues
I had same issue with a fully charged Battery took it to dealer and they couldn’t find anything wrong.

Take to the dealer, they just need to do a update and that will take care of problem. They we're many early Explorer that had that issues and it was resolved with the update.
Thanks I am taking it again to dealer for fifth time. I think they updated the software last time I was in and nothing changed. I bought battery tender when it is on my garage and portable battery so I can start it when it goes into deep sleep mode.

They did the same and said that the battery was charging and the next week I'm back at the Dealership but I decided to go to another Dealership and they reprogrammed all of the modules, and again on the 7th of this month it died again so I called Roadside and they came out and jump my truck again, now If it happens again then I'm going ask for a new battery.
I had new battery installed and no change. I even paid for their most expensive battery hoping that would fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes my friend work at the factory where all of these trucks a assembled and she talk to one of her friend that work there with her, he said it is a module problem And he took my VIN number and he's supposed to tell me what module that is. That's messing up.
Please let me know what the fix is. Thanks

Back