• Register Today It's free!

Wireless charging ???

Devan Pelletier

Reaction score
City, State
QC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer XLT
So I just purchased a 2020 XLT with almost every feature/add on . However upon delivery I dont have no wireless charging . I went back on ford to build and price and dont see no option for wireless charging so figured it comes stock on all models. Or is it only available on the Limited, platinum and ST?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I just purchased a 2020 XLT with almost every feature/add on . However upon delivery I dont have no wireless charging . I went back on ford to build and price and dont see no option for wireless charging so figured it comes stock on all models. Or is it only available on the Limited, platinum and ST?

Standard on Limited and up... also, please only post a thread once. Your other was deleted.

FUNCTIONAL ● 110V/150W AC Power Outlet (replaces the Powerpoint Port on the rear side of the Center Floor Console) ● Audio — B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 12 Speakers — HD Radio™ ● Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO) Windshield Wiper De-Icer Wireless Charging Pad

Fyi, those wireless pad are useless if you have Samsung phones. Both me and my wife use Samsung and none of our phones fit in to that area. My wife's S9+ has to be stripped off of its case to fit in there and that too my pushing it little bit. My Note 10+ does not fit even without the case. Ford really screwed up on that one.

Fyi, those wireless pad are useless if you have Samsung phones. Both me and my wife use Samsung and none of our phones fit in to that area. My wife's S9+ has to be stripped off of its case to fit in there and that too my pushing it little bit. My Note 10+ does not fit even without the case. Ford really screwed up on that one.

I realized that with my s10+ it need the case off . But then again I have to undo all the 6 screws to take off the case lol.. but anyways it looks like the XLT doesnr have the feature. Oh well lol

My samsung s10+ with a case fits and works fine. I wish it was in a different location though, because inevitable I will forget it when I exit the vehicle. I end up just using the front usb-c port to charge.

I like that wireless charging, but hate it's location. I always forget the phone when exiting the Explorer...

I like that wireless charging, but hate it's location. I always forget the phone when exiting the Explorer...

It charges much slower then with the cable and then you accidentally leave it in the car.

It charges much slower then with the cable and then you accidentally leave it in the car.
Yes. You are correct. It's not that practicable. Let's see what will Ford do next.

Agree, only see the usefulness of it if on longer trips as it doesn’t charge very quick. I also forget my phone all the time.

My S10+ fits ok with the case but my issue is that without a clip to hold the phone in place, it just flops forward or slides down if braking to hard.

Back