• Register Today It's free!

Where does this plug into?

DigitalDaze

Reaction score
City, State
Friendswood, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited 4WD
Took my explorer to get the radiator replaced. A few days after I got it back, discovered that this remained unplugged. They've since gone out of business.

The car throws no codes and runs ok, but still want it back together properly.

Anyone know where this plugs in? It is toward the front, near the radiator, see attached pic.
IMG_20200215_094155.jpg
IMG_20200215_094204.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe that is for the engine block heater electrical cord.

I believe that is for the engine block heater electrical cord.
I believe you are correct. I found this lying on top of the engine. I plugged it back in and moved it to the side of the engine in the gaps by the coolant reservoir.
IMG_20200215_104550.jpg

Found two more issues.

1) they broke the vacuum tube connector coming off of the intake, looks like they tried to crazy glue it, but it didn't hold.
2) they didn't put the bumper back on tightly... And didn't fasten a portion of the underside wheel well and under bumper shields.

Ugh.
IMG_20200215_104603.jpg

No wonder they went out of business. Probably a good thing too judging by their work.

Peter

Found two more issues.

1) they broke the vacuum tube connector coming off of the intake, looks like they tried to crazy glue it, but it didn't hold.
2) they didn't put the bumper back on tightly... And didn't fasten a portion of the underside wheel well and under bumper shields.

Ugh.View attachment 178348

When I bought my used explorer that nipple was also broken off, They used the cap from a BIC pen to try and reconnect them. Ended up replacing the whole tube for $45ish.

Back