Tech Package Worth It? Specifically massaging seats | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tech Package Worth It? Specifically massaging seats

I wouldn't mind the PIU with the ballistic protection kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you saying that for only $1695 USD I can have a PIU roof grafted onto my ST ? Awsome ............. :wave:
That's not what you said. You said the ST does not have a moonroof delete option. And Peter corrected you. You can get a ST without a moonroof,it is a $1,695 option to GET the moonroof. So if you buy one without it, you saved $1,695.

TONYST has no moonroof on his ST

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

. . .

Mine doesn’t either. No options, including no moonroof. Was ordered that way.

Most, but by no means all, local inventory seems to include it.
upload_2020-3-2_16-58-14.jpeg

That's not what you said. You said the ST does not have a moonroof delete option. And Peter corrected you. You can get a ST without a moonroof,it is a $1,695 option to GET the moonroof. So if you buy one without it, you saved $1,695.

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread
I do realize that. Sadly, unless one orders to spec, it is futile trying to find an ST w/o the sunroof option. Which, imho stinks. With my lower back issues, I did not have the luxury of waiting on a built to order vehicle.

I think there are many people who don't want the moon roof, both for the cost and potential for issues, and would expect many to have been ordered to dealer stock without it. Have your local dealer check inventories, including surrounding states, for one the way you want it.

Just to be clear, the twin-panel moonroof is not part of the Premium Technology Package that is the subject of this thread.

Peter

I didn't carefully examine the other screen but I have a feeling I wish I had. The software on the 10 inch screen is very buggy and the backup view is absurdly small. I don't know what all the differences are but if the core features are the same I would skip the tech package. Massage seats are of no value to me, I don't use that feature at all. I think the audio system is good, but I can't imagine 2 speakers makes much difference.
Y'all need to experience the tech PKG in person. Not take some influencer's B's as gospel. IMHO, the reviewer is a punk. I am a certified road warrior. The heated, ventilated seats with the adjustable back messaged are a God send. It is more than obvious to me that the reviewer did not use the backup camera correctly. It has multiple settings for the view. The large screen is a positive IMHO. Much easier to navigate on the fly. It is non intrusive unless you are sitting on the floor and need wooden blocks to reach the pedals.

I have the tech package on my platinum and I would gladly give it up to be rid of the vertical screen. The only advantage I see with the vertical screen is if you are using the Ford Nav. Everything else on the screen is a downgrade. I compared it with my sister in laws stripped down 2020 Edge. Her screen is actually more useful than mine. Her view of her backup camera is larger, her view of Waze and any other android/apple app is larger. The system is also easier to use. My backup camera comes up with the really small screen........ I know there is a button to switch to a larger one, but with the lag in the system I am already backed out before I can hit the button. The massaging seats are pretty nice though. Just my 2 cents.

Y'all need to experience the tech PKG in person. Not take some influencer's B's as gospel. IMHO, the reviewer is a punk. I am a certified road warrior. The heated, ventilated seats with the adjustable back messaged are a God send. It is more than obvious to me that the reviewer did not use the backup camera correctly. It has multiple settings for the view. The large screen is a positive IMHO. Much easier to navigate on the fly. It is non intrusive unless you are sitting on the floor and need wooden blocks to reach the pedals.

The Savage Geese reviews are on point for almost all the cars they've reviewed. They cover a lot of tech detail and don't rely on conjecture or opinion. I was watching their Macan S review and they even review the suspension control arm designs.

I'll try to find one of the ST's with all these options when I test drive, but I found photos of the massaging seat modules/hoses... and that alone tells me not to get that tech package in case something needs to be repaired/replaced in the future. The 2 extra speakers and the vertical iPad screen don't appeal to me already.

Just maybe you should experience it yourself instead of letting a youtube influencer control your mind. Do not forget, he gets paid per click ! I am highly skeptical of influencers.

Just maybe you should experience it yourself instead of letting a youtube influencer control your mind. Do not forget, he gets paid per click ! I am highly skeptical of influencers.
You have seen several people on this thread who HAVE experienced it and don't like it. He asked for others' opinions and that's what we're giving him. If you like it that's fine, that's your opinion. I don't know why you think your opinion matters and everyone else is trying to control his mind.

You have seen several people on this thread who HAVE experienced it and don't like it. He asked for others' opinions and that's what we're giving him. If you like it that's fine, that's your opinion. I don't know why you think your opinion matters and everyone else is trying to control his mind.
You need to re read what I posted. I never said nor implied that those on this forum were effecting his thought process. I specifically stated youtube influencer.

Back