Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
After reading thru the entire thread, for me the Forscan is not the way to go. I'll deal with the ASS by turning off with the switch. As for the bambi mode, in TX it is illegal to run fogs with the high beams on. There are a lot of F-150 drivers in the 6C area that are asking for a citation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BCM
726-65-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx

Changing the value to 0 does seem to turn off the Auto Shut off feature but but triggers a charging service error in the process.
APIM
7D0-09-02 xxxx xxxx *x..
was left at 1 because cannot go 2 digits lower than 1. Halfway there i guess, just have to figure what why it triggers the error and where to disable or change other values to coincide withe changes.

Send me a private message with your VIN.

Sadly, the link will not open on a chrome browser. The ghost of Steve Jobs strikes again ..........
I had no issues opening the link and I'm on Chrome.

Peter

...... As for the bambi mode, in TX it is illegal to run fogs with the high beams on. There are a lot of F-150 drivers in the 6C area that are asking for a citation.
I think that you'll find it is illegal in most jurisdictions.

Peter

I'm sure it is. The statute is standard across the US and its protectorates. We are now having to cite these fools running the LED light bars on the front of their pickups when used on public roads. Evidently it is going to take impounding a number of them to get the word out on the truck/jeep forums. Also, the $200.00 usd fine helps too. We do not issue warnings citations in TX. Warning citations have proven to be an exercise in futility.

Does't look like Auto Start/Stop Permanent Disable has been figured out.

Don't have a vehicle to test on but going to make a suggestion for someone to test:

APIM
7D0-09-02 xxxx xxxx *x..
To remove auto start-stop from apim menu take your value at "*" and minus 2 and correct checksum

BCM
726-65-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx
Take your value at "*" and minus 1 and correct checksum (its probably at 1 and change to 0)

Give that a try see if that kills auto start-stop. I don't think anyone was tried both of these but I may be wrong (didn't see it)

To anyone watching this ignore the APIM mod and don't do it. I was under the impression from the reading that there was a soft menu button in the APIM to turn ASS off and on but I have been corrected and told it is a hard button on the dash.

I'm sure it is. The statute is standard across the US and its protectorates. We are now having to cite these fools running the LED light bars on the front of their pickups when used on public roads. Evidently it is going to take impounding a number of them to get the word out on the truck/jeep forums. Also, the $200.00 usd fine helps too. We do not issue warnings citations in TX. Warning citations have proven to be an exercise in futility.

In Wisconsin you can't have more the 4 forward facing lights meant for road illumination on. So if the low beams were on with the highs and you added fogs, it would be in violation, if the lows turn off and highs and fogs are on....perfectly fine.

In Wisconsin you can't have more the 4 forward facing lights meant for road illumination on. So if the low beams were on with the highs and you added fogs, it would be in violation, if the lows turn off and highs and fogs are on....perfectly fine.

Not to sidetrack because my state is the same however 17+ Superduty trucks have dual halogen for low beam and fogs totally 6 lights.

As long as one dims their light to oncoming traffic or when over taking vehicles in front of you. Hopefully no one is stupid to run their high beams in foggy conditions. Back on track.

Can the Forscan turn off the front and side sensors ? They drive me nuts in certain places. The incessant bleating is nerve racking.

Is there anything anyone can do to help figure out what is what? Or is it literally just trial and error, along with knowing some history on setting and changes from prior year/models?

I have an XLT and can pull the info if that it at all helpful to compare.

FORScan for Windows version 2.3.30 beta is released

So reverse tilt mirrors isn’t something than can be toggled on? I wonder why we can’t just have that option.
Not fancy, but I set the mirrors to tilt and saved the setting on the #3 button. Better than nothing.

APIM specific for my breadth of knowledge. Some prefer the Lincoln theme, or might want an ST splash or to extend the accessory timeout to the Euro spec, that sort of thing. Custom backgrounds are limited to what’s provided on the unit. My guess is they don’t allow them now because of the NHTSA guidelines for distraction.
This is a mouth full:

So without reading back through all 7 pages, just exactly what can be permanently shut off using the Forescan program ? Hyper Flash of the dash turn signals is one. How about the double honk from the horn ?

So without reading back through all 7 pages, just exactly what can be permanently shut off using the Forescan program ? Hyper Flash of the dash turn signals is one. How about the double honk from the horn ?

Yes

let me begin by saying i know absolutely nothing about forscan.. but would anybody happen to know how to turn off the enhanced engine noise inside the cabin of the st? it’s killing me.. the ford dealer couldn’t figure it out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I simply stay out of the "Sport" mode. Sport mode does not make the ST any faster. You might want to sign up on the forscan forum.

Back