Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

You might not need FORScan.

First, go into diagnostic mode, hold right seek and eject at the same time, then a speaker test screen will come on. Hit end test.

Go to test settings and select it on. Then exit out of diagnostic mode.

This will put a Test Settings icon on the last page of your screen.

You can then select themes from there.

I have not tried it though, mine is set to the FY20 theme.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might not need FORScan.

First, go into diagnostic mode, hold right seek and eject at the same time, then a speaker test screen will come on. Hit end test.

Go to test settings and select it on. Then exit out of diagnostic mode.

This will put a Test Settings icon on the last page of your screen.

You can then select themes from there.

I have not tried it though, mine is set to the FY20 theme.
I dont have an eject button. i have a 2018 non nav unit. I am assuming there is another combo, but what??

I dont have an eject button. i have a 2018 non nav unit. I am assuming there is another combo, but what??

I have an 18 with a CD player. You don’t have one?

I have an 18 with a CD player. You don’t have one?
No cd player. It has the manual controls for heat and ac...Non sony system

On a side note, I **** myself when on 1st start, the screen said vehicle is in transport mode, please contact dealer. A restart solved that.

Found this on the F150 forums:

I watched it, turn up your volume.

I never saw transport mode, thankfully.

I never saw transport mode, thankfully.
I fd up ..selected a theme...now my display doesn't show everything....ugh

Which one did you try and how?

Make sure you didn’t use one with a number at the end. Those are for the 20’s with big screens.

See image.

Attachments

• A8688A07-B796-4405-969B-544F272DBBF5.jpeg
    A8688A07-B796-4405-969B-544F272DBBF5.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 165

Make sure you didn’t use one with a number at the end. Those are for the 20’s with big screens.
Thats exactly what i did. Fortunately they dont stick after a reboot using the testing menu.....LOL

Sync 3.4 does seem a bit speedier too.

Good to know. What did you end up with?

Good to know. What did you end up with?
I just left it at the stock 2020ford theme. I was hoping there was an all black theme like the fort gt theme from sync 3

Also, if anyone wondering...To get testing menu on explorer with no eject button....The forward button on media controls, along with the skip forward on steering wheel, bottom rt side.

Did you try any of the 3 GT’s in FORScan?

Not sure what those look like.

No, I might though. Maybe they are all black. Those options are not available in the testing menu.

Tried forscan, gt theme gone. Gonna stay with ford 2020 theme, with dark blue background. Really wonder why an all black theme is not available. Btw, I reset apim, and radio, still no sirius icons. Any ideas?

They will come. I was missing the Beatles channel and a few others.

After a few restarts they were there.

Any time you reset it goes back to a default set of icons, and the rest slowly come in over the air from SXM as it works its way through the channel cart carousel.

Any time you reset it goes back to a default set of icons, and the rest slowly come in over the air from SXM as it works its way through the channel cart carousel.
3 days later...NO ICONS. Strange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back