Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you upgraded you used all the correct files in this thread?

When you upgraded you used all the correct files in this thread?
Yup, I never updated apim, just the latest 3.4 update from 3.0. Everything else works fine, just no sirius icons.

You have done the apim reset? Hold seek right and power.

Could be a Sirius issue. Maybe you could log in to Sirius and resend the signal.

Weird that yours are not coming back. Mine took 24 hours or so.

You have done the apim reset? Hold seek right and power.

Could be a Sirius issue. Maybe you could log in to Sirius and resend the signal.

Weird that yours are not coming back. Mine took 24 hours or so.
Yup, to all...LOL Not the end of the world, as its worth the update. 3.4 is speedy, and runs really well.

Try this. Found in the huge F150 thread I look at.

Go to post 5 and post 2334.

I know but maybe it switched in FORScan somehow?

Look in that thread starting at post 584.

I wish I had the balls to do this lol Seems like a nice upgrade.

Look in that thread starting at post 584.
Thanks...So i never did a backup of my original As built(Yeah,yeaah, i know...LOL) But i am assuming i can manually input my as built i pulled from fords website, correct? Just trying to get these damn sxm icons back.

I think you can. I have never backed mine up either. I just keep great notes on what I have changed.

I would just go through and see what you have.

I take screenshots when I’m in FORScan so I can compare what I have to what is on that Explorer sheet or to what others have.

I think you can. I have never backed mine up either. I just keep great notes on what I have changed.

I would just go through and see what you have.

I take screenshots when I’m in FORScan so I can compare what I have to what is on that Explorer sheet or to what others have.
OH well, i actually downgraded to 3.3, then updated to 3.4, reset EVERYTHING...Still no icons. It is what it is. Wondering if I should mess with the apim FW?

OH well, i actually downgraded to 3.3, then updated to 3.4, reset EVERYTHING...Still no icons. It is what it is. Wondering if I should mess with the apim FW?

I read in that F150 thread that it is tricky to mess with the APIM firmware.

Since you just redid everything I’d give it a little time to see if they come back.

I read in that F150 thread that it is tricky to mess with the APIM firmware.

Since you just redid everything I’d give it a little time to see if they come back.
4 days later no icons. Oh well. Still better on 3.4, than 3.0 with icons.

We’ll get this figured out. Somehow.

We’ll get this figured out. Somehow.
LOL, I dont think so. As stated, it worth having no icons, to be on 3.4

LOL, I dont think so. As stated, it worth having no icons, to be on 3.4

what are the advantages of version 3.4 over 3.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what are the advantages of version 3.4 over 3.0
GUI has been re-worked, no more colour-tagged tabs, everything is blue or beige for Lincoln. Unless you need new navigation maps v1.19 there is nothing to gain.

Back