• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Hood Letters

zepeda3252

Reaction score
City, State
Mission Hils, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I’m planning to place the hood badge “Explorer” on my white xlt. Anybody know which part number comes on the sports?

The dealer sells two, an all black one(lb5z16606a) and a grayish/black tone(db5z16606a).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no 2020 Sport. It the ST. ;) While waiting for an answer, check out the pictures here; 6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread It looks like Black is what is being used. I suppose you can use either colour. Depending upon your vehicle's colour, the grayish may look better.

Peter

There is no 2020 Sport. It the ST. ;) While waiting for an answer, check out the pictures here; 6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread It looks like Black is what is being used. I suppose you can use either colour. Depending upon your vehicle's colour, the grayish may look better.

Peter
That’s what meant😅
I can’t make out If the black or grayish will look nicer on white.

I’m planning to place the hood badge “Explorer” on my white xlt. Anybody know which part number comes on the sports?

The dealer sells two, an all black one(lb5z16606a) and a grayish/black tone(db5z16606a).
My own opinion is you will be sorry! The first time I hand washed our ST was enough for me. The wash mit caught under the very sharp letters. Then came the drying with microfiber towels! By the next morning they were gone. Just my humble opinion! Jim

My own opinion is you will be sorry! The first time I hand washed our ST was enough for me. The wash mit caught under the very sharp letters. Then came the drying with microfiber towels! By the next morning they were gone. Just my humble opinion! Jim
Not surprised Jim. :)

Peter

That’s what meant😅
I can’t make out If the black or grayish will look nicer on white.
A friend has a white ST with the black letters. It rocks.

Back