92 explorer fuel intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 explorer fuel intake

Reaction score
City, State
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
85' B2 XLT
In process of putting back together. Have two lines but only see the one hookup on the drivers side closest to the firewall. Can't locate the other to save my life. Assistance appreciated as manual doesn't show jack and searching on the net, well you know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the other line should connect to the pressure regulator on the passenger side towards the front

In process of putting back together. Have two lines but only see the one hookup on the drivers side closest to the firewall. Can't locate the other to save my life. Assistance appreciated as manual doesn't show jack and searching on the net, well you know.
there is one line that goes from the regulator to the feed line and the return line runs from the back of the lower intake manifold to meet up with the feed line in the front, you cant mess up as the feed line is bigger than the return line.

there is one line that goes from the regulator to the feed line and the return line runs from the back of the lower intake manifold to meet up with the feed line in the front, you cant mess up as the feed line is bigger than the return line.
image.jpg

ok so the lines are actually the same, but I did have one marked f & r for obvious reasons. Can’t find the regulator so I’ll have to get a new one. My guess is it was nasty so I pitched it......I’m in the middle of this mess that sat aside for months recovering from surgery, now it’s all a mess. I just don’t see how they reached, so we’ll see

Let me ask this too please: main line that comes off fuel filter goes to regulator correct? Any wild chance someone can tell me the bolt size for the regulator to the rail? I’ve gone through my misc pile already

Attachments

• D19448BD-F449-4AA1-8631-71157FEFACE5.jpeg
    D19448BD-F449-4AA1-8631-71157FEFACE5.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 61

putting what back together?

A 1992 explorer has a 4.0 and has a return style fuel system

High pressure feed line comes into the fuel rail and pressurizes
Then the fuel pressure is regulated by the rail mounted regulator, the leftover fuel is returned to the tank

You say you are "in the middle of putting this back together"....
putting what back together? We might need some more details

Did you put a later model engine in? A fuel pressure regulator is not something you would just "throw out" it is part of the fuel rail in 92. IN 1998 they switched to a returnless system, only one fuel line.

putting what back together?

A 1992 explorer has a 4.0 and has a return style fuel system

High pressure feed line comes into the fuel rail and pressurizes
Then the fuel pressure is regulated by the rail mounted regulator, the leftover fuel is returned to the tank

You say you are "in the middle of putting this back together"....
putting what back together? We might need some more details

Did you put a later model engine in? A fuel pressure regulator is not something you would just "throw out" it is part of the fuel rail in 92. IN 1998 they switched to a returnless system, only one fuel line.

sorry, it’s a 92’ explorer 4.0. I have a new regulator, I’m sure the old one is buried somewhere. I did a fresh crate motor and trying to get this hunk going after a huge delay.

even on the newer motors like 93 94 have the same system but the injectors are bigger because in 93 ford went to a sequential efi instead of a bank fire in 91 and 92 models.

Back