Mall Crawler to Trail Crawler

Thomas Gleason

Reaction score
City, State
Ocean City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport

Hey all! I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. So far I've put in a 3" lift, reflex shocks, 18" steel rims, and threw some nitto ridge grapplers on it. She handles great on the trails but I want to add some more cosmetic parts for lighting and styling. The first thing is the T-Rex that I included below. Does anyone have any insight into build quality if this? I also amd going to get some brackets to mount lights to the hood. The brackets slip right into the piece that holds the hood up so I do t have to drill anything. Finally I'd like to get a push bar for the front and some rock sliders. Any recommendations?

T-Rex 6316641 Torch Series Black Main Grille w/LED Light Bar for 16-18 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all! I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. So far I've put in a 3" lift, reflex shocks, 18" steel rims, and threw some nitto ridge grapplers on it. She handles great on the trails but I want to add some more cosmetic parts for lighting and styling. The first thing is the T-Rex that I included below. Does anyone have any insight into build quality if this? I also amd going to get some brackets to mount lights to the hood. The brackets slip right into the piece that holds the hood up so I do t have to drill anything. Finally I'd like to get a push bar for the front and some rock sliders. Any recommendations?

T-Rex 6316641 Torch Series Black Main Grille w/LED Light Bar for 16-18 Explorer
any pics i have a 2011 with 170k which i am retiring and make it a off roader. nothing crazy but i have yet to see a modded one.
i do have a tundra lifted with nittos so this will for softer off roading

any pics i have a 2011 with 170k which i am retiring and make it a off roader. nothing crazy but i have yet to see a modded one.
i do have a tundra lifted with nittos so this will for softer off roading

Id like to see some pics as well.

I have a modded 2013, traxda lift, 17x9 wheels, had NITTO trail grapplers but they destroyed the transmission.. Way too heavy. Ive got Ultra-terrains now which are a huge improvement.

Sorry to thread jack a bit! But I do want to see some pics @Thomas Gleason

Id like to see some pics as well.

I have a modded 2013, traxda lift, 17x9 wheels, had NITTO trail grapplers but they destroyed the transmission.. Way too heavy. Ive got Ultra-terrains now which are a huge improvement.

Sorry to thread jack a bit! But I do want to see some pics @Thomas Gleason
I also retired the nittos due to weight .I also have 20 inch ultra barron rim. Very heavy.i tow a 7k camper and I went a cooper sts street tires. Now I am back on off road with nexen at. They work great and look good. I am just putting in brakes and calipers as they are fried. Once this tires go around 210k .I plan to get 18 inch rims and nexen again

You're towing a 7,000 lb camper? The vehicle is only rated for 5000 lbs. max and that is with the factory installed tow package. An aftermarket one limits you to 2000 lbs.

Peter

You're towing a 7,000 lb camper? The vehicle is only rated for 5000 lbs. max and that is with the factory installed tow package. An aftermarket one limits you to 2000 lbs.

Peter
Peter,
Sorry i was replying to the other member who was asking my tundra setup. I used to tow a 4k popup camper with the explorer and then a 3k popup one.
The only thing the explorer tows is a small landscape trailer with a track motorcycle and my track gear.

I now got a tundra to tow my 7k loaded camper.

thanks
Satz

Back