Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

Can we please stop rehashing the same info over and over. Most of it has nothing to do with the installation of the "deflector". Thank you.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can we please stop rehashing the same info over and over. Thank you.

Peter

I hear you. But isn't this a forum of discussion ? I did not know the Brooks is a Troll. Peterk9 I understand and respect what you are saying. Thank you !

I hear you. But isn't this a forum of discussion ? I did not know the Brooks is a Troll. Peterk9 I understand and respect what you are saying. Thank you !
Do you even know what a troll is? Obviously you don’t. I mean, you haven’t been right all this time, why try something new and start now?

Judging by the likes on my comments it’s YOU that has the unpopular opinion.

I guarantee I’ve helped FAR more people here than you ever have.

Look closely at the nut that retains the heat shield above the left muffler. Looks really loose to me.

View attachment 180039

Yep, already noticed that. The stud has a bit of a nick in the first thread, so I have to get on my back and push hard to thread the nut on.

The dealership was cool and ordered the deflector, strut tower insulator, and of course the tow hook. Normally this is an easy DIY, but since they put in a claim with Ford, have to run it down for the service department to deal with this whenever the parts come in.

By the way, while I was waiting for my work to be completed, I checked 12 Explorers on the dealer's lot. Only 2 out of 12 had the air deflector! Both with deflector were XLT models.

XLT's ? ........... "Well I Never ........." ST owners of the world unite ! It's time to march on Dearborn. :bounce:

XLT's ? ........... "Well I Never ........." ST owners of the world unite ! It's time to march on Dearborn. :bounce:

I guess they figured the higher trim levels were already decked out and fancy enough and could do without such minor hidden components.

Thank You
So my ST is missing the tow hook, the strut tower insulator, and the rear air deflector. I ordered the strut tower insulator and some other stuff from Levittown, and I am reaching out to my selling dealer today about the tow hook and rear air deflector.
I had my ST shipped from an out of state dealer, and they forgot to give me the original carpeted floor mats, as well as the owner's manual...

Thanks, but I also want them to send the hard copy as it was supposed to come with it.
Are the mats ST-specific, or are they the same in every Explorer model?
According to this post, they are just the regular mat with EXPLORER on them. Floor, cargo mats / liners

Peter

According to this post, they are just the regular mat with EXPLORER on them. Floor, cargo mats / liners

Peter
Thanks again. Also have a defect on the headliner near the pano roof (looks like it will separate/tear), and there was an inch long scratch at the edge of the fender near the headlight.
Got a fairly good deal, but these are the hazards of buying a car sight unseen, I guess...

How long have you had it? You have a week to report any damages, etc. From the Warranty Guide; If you see any damage when you receive your vehicle, notify your dealership within one week.

Peter

How long have you had it? You have a week to report any damages, etc. From the Warranty Guide; If you see any damage when you receive your vehicle, notify your dealership within one week.

Peter
I haven't quite had it for a week; bought it from Koons Sterling Ford, had it shipped to Chicago. Sent the salesman a pic of the damage, haven't heard anything from him about it -- will send an email.

I haven't quite had it for a week; bought it from Koons Sterling Ford, had it shipped to Chicago. Sent the salesman a pic of the damage, haven't heard anything from him about it -- will send an email.
Perhaps take it in to a local dealer that you might be going to use and have them check it out as well. Let them know that you are looking for a dealer for future servicing needs etc.

Peter

My floor mats did not have Explorer on them and are very cheap, thin and flimsy compared to the last 2 Lincoln MKZ's I had! My dealer Sheehy Ford very graciously ordered the tow hook and installed the deflector free of charge for me.

Peter
Perhaps take it in to a local dealer that you might be going to use and have them check it out as well. Let them know that you are looking for a dealer for future servicing needs etc.

Peter

Attachments

• Brian Allen ST Fender Scratch.jpg
    Brian Allen ST Fender Scratch.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Brian Allen ST Interior Flaw.jpg
    Brian Allen ST Interior Flaw.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 116

Just picked up my Explorer ST from the dealer, had all of the missing parts, rear deflector, funnel, tow hook, insulator installed all at no charge.

As the vehicle was in for service had them replace the"iPad" display as it was turning on and off throughout the day. Also, the FORD PASS App and the display panel kept sending out a whole load of fault errors i.e. low oil pressure, hill assist malfunction, could nor change drive modes until pulled over and sat for a minute, then restart vehicle and everything good. Ask service what the hell was going on, they advised that the Ford Pass and display warnings were merely gliches and would not happen again unless their was a fault. So far no problems, of course haven't drive far due to the Coronados Virus crap.

Any others had these faulty prompts come up.

geezerglide

My floor mats did not have Explorer on them and are very cheap, thin and flimsy compared to the last 2 Lincoln MKZ's I had! My dealer Sheehy Ford very graciously ordered the tow hook and installed the deflector free of charge for me.

The carpet floor mats are junk - get the Ford all-weather mats and be done. They have fantastic coverage of the carpet around the edges and are well worth it. As far as the tow hook goes, many just don't have the receiver for it in the front bumper anyway, so it's a moot point. Pop that small cover and look: if all you see is flat steel and no threads for the tow hook, it explains why they aren't included.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I simply gave Benny a list of missing parts. Told him to invoice me. Within 3 weeks,I had all the missing parts.
All 3 parts missing from our 2020 ST
Our dealer in Buckeye AZ told me all the vehicles on their lot had the parts not installed even though they are shown on the parts list
Have not pursued it further
Maybe I should

Back