Fordpass App | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fordpass App

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Article states the security check was done on a ford focus in the UK. But this could probably be applied to all ford vehicles that use the fordpass app. The app/car uses lots of owner info, plus vehicle tracking along with monitoring sensors, levels, etc. I'd be a little worried, and I hope they push a patch, but I assume Ford uses a 3rd party to do app dev.

Thank you at least you understand my pain. Even theFordsPass app does not indicate the vehicle’s current state. Like locked or running.
The app does indicate running.

where would you see that the vehicle is running on the app ?
Right on the first screen where the start/stop and lock/unlock buttons are. When you start the vehicle remotely there is a pop-up indicating the engine is started and the number of minutes it will run before shutting off automatically.

Right on the first screen where the start/stop and lock/unlock buttons are. When you start the vehicle remotely there is a pop-up indicating the engine is started and the number of minutes it will run before shutting off automatically.
thank you for the information I've never remotely started my vehicle that's probably why I've never seen it

thank you for the information I've never remotely started my vehicle that's probably why I've never seen it
I'm a little obsessed with the FordPass app! LOL I'm always using it to check my tire pressure, oil life, mileage, location, etc. Vehicle health reports on there too!

Have you read post #41

Peter
Terrifying! I'm going to go back to hiding under my bed until we get the all-clear!!! Life is full of so many scary things. Makes living so scary! LOL

On a serious note, about a month ago, when I got a low tire pressure reading on the app on one of my tires, I went directly to the dealer before it was fully flat by morning and the dealer would be closed. I had the spare put on, new tire ordered and installed before the economic shutdown really took hold here the following week. So the app saved me precious time! Like all technology, I think the benefits and conveniences outweigh the risks and disadvantages.

It still can be as of the C7 Corvette gen. Not sure why anyone would shut off a feature that would keep one from locking their fob in the car but they do. That's a dumb as not checking to make sure the cam locks on the removable roof panel are engaged.

Exactly why I don't have it.
I think i will remove my cars from the Ford pass app. The last time i went to the dealer he only had to come out to take pictures other than that he had all info on the screen. Question i wonder that even is you deactivated it do they still have this working in the background ?

Ford has a procedure on line that explains how to do it. IIRC, one must sign out of Fordpass before deleting the app.

Hackers are hell bent on cracking the encriptonation of all the auto manufactures telematics systems. Look, if Onstar can send a signal to disable the engine in a stolen vehicle, exactly what keeps hackers from doing the same. The more autonomous features involved, the more backdoors there are for the bad guys.

Ford has a procedure on line that explains how to do it. IIRC, one must sign out of Fordpass before deleting the app.
Yes.I know that i must sign out. Well if i sign out then i don't have too delete the app ?

Who knows ? I deleted it just to make sure it wasn't running in the background. There are alot of apps that people sign out of yet still run in the background tracking. I know on my Pixel 4 XL it will show me if an app is running even after I've signed out of it.

Who knows ? I deleted it just to make sure it wasn't running in the background. There are alot of apps that people sign out of yet still run in the background tracking. I know on my Pixel 4 XL it will show me if an app is running even after I've signed out of it.
You can go to your settings on your smart phone And stop the app from running in the background that way you do not have to delete the app

If you want to revoke everything, do a Master Reset from SYNC.

You can go to your settings on your smart phone And stop the app from running in the background that way you do not have to delete the app
Yeah, I know. If I'm not going to use it, why keep it on the phone ? Makes no sense. There are a lot of Google's own apps I'd like to strip out but can't. Worse, even if I force stop them, the moment the phone updates, they reboot.

Only if remote start is initiated via the app.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only if remote start is initiated via the app.
I thought so too, but last couple times I started it with the remote fob and the app updated engine status! FordPass connects after remote start and you will see the countdown regardless of how you start engine. Makes sense because then you wouldn't be allowed to start from app when engine is already running.

Back