Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Next issue. I want to permanently disable park assist. To anyone's knowledge, can this be done ? Using either forscan or the IDS tool ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pure speculation so you can just ignore this lol.. I don't think you will ever be able to. Too many safety systems tied into it which results in crash test results etc etc. Just my $0.02.

Next issue. I want to permanently disable park assist. To anyone's knowledge, can this be done ? Using either forscan or the IDS tool ?
Active Park Assist is a feature that you have to turn ON in order to use it. Why not just leave it OFF? It is controlled by fuse #36 in the cabin fuse box.

Peter

Active Park Assist is a feature that you have to turn ON in order to use it. Why not just leave it OFF? It is controlled by fuse #36 in the cabin fuse box.

Peter
For whatever reason, mine defaults to on at start up I believe. I will have to check once I get it back from the dealer. I am in a service rental for at least a week I've been advised.

For whatever reason, mine defaults to on at start up I believe. I will have to check once I get it back from the dealer. I am in a service rental for at least a week I've been advised.
The push bars you had put on look really nice why did you have to leave your vehicle at the dealership?

On the way home it went into limp mode. Made it to my dealer. All kinds of warning pop ups and icons illuminated. CEL, yellow wrench, air bag deployment just to name a few. Ambient Air Temp sensor issue. Needless to say, I am driving a rental paid for by Ford. Evidently it is some serious chit as the dealer would not let me drive it home. Their shuttle driver did. He came back this am to get the rental car. I was lucky. All 75 rentals in their fleet are in use. They took it from someone that had routine maintenance scheduled. So glad I bought the high end extended warranty coverage.

It looks like the engine noise used the same F-150 codes? If so, this is it with the change of the "4" to a "0"? Just want to confirm since it wasn't added to the spread sheet (unable to access the one in iCloud).

as-built copy.jpg

Perfect, thanks. Looking forward to trying the software out. Have a blue-tooth adapter in my OBD port already for the Torque app and may see if FORScan and my laptop picks it up. Otherwise, my cable should be here next week.

my odbmx+ worked for forscan, I hope yours does too

my odbmx+ worked for forscan, I hope yours does too

No luck, but my cable will be here in a couple more days. It's one that has the switch to go between MS & HS, so that should do the trick based on what I've deduced from all those that have had success.

I’m using the EX and would recommend it to anyone. The speed and reliability is awesome. Read and write is pretty much perfect. The link is below I got it from amazon. I tried the ones with the toggle switches works but gets kind of a pain to keep reaching and switching. The WiFi is convenience but not as fast and reliable. The Bluetooth is the same, even slower than the WiFi. The new FORScan was design around The OBDLink EX the be a seamless experience when making mods.

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_r0ZNEbHH6J5BK

I’m using the EX and would recommend it to anyone. The speed and reliability is awesome. Read and write is pretty much perfect. The link is below I got it from amazon. I tried the ones with the toggle switches works but gets kind of a pain to keep reaching and switching. The WiFi is convenience but not as fast and reliable. The Bluetooth is the same, even slower than the WiFi. The new FORScan was design around The OBDLink EX the be a seamless experience when making mods.

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_r0ZNEbHH6J5BK

This one was $20 from eBay - worked perfectly. Switching between High and Medium speeds a few times was not a big deal. FORScan was relatively easy to dabble with, and turned off the double-honk and fake engine noise with ease.

FORScan ELM327 cable.jpg

Hadn't gone back through this entire thread to check (and I can't get in to iCloud for the master list), but in case anyone wanted to allow the Nav-in-motion feature, I had luck with that using the code from pre-'19. It's in the APIM section with all the as-built data, under 7D0-02-01. The first four digits need to be x7xx (changing the second digit to 7), or I had noticed in some threads on the web that those first four should be 5753. Worked with mine, and after a quick spin, I found I could play with the nav. Honestly, I hadn't even used it yet, so if the lockout wasn't even there with the '20, I'm happy I can still plug in an address without having to pull over.

............................................. I'm happy I can still plug in an address without having to pull over.
You can do that using voice commands. That's all I ever use. :)

Peter

Yeah try that with a 3-4 year old in the background talking at the same time. Lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back