Installed Upgraded Transmission Mounts...what a difference! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed Upgraded Transmission Mounts...what a difference!

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well, I installed these a little while ago, but just now getting the chance to make a post with them. Anthony DiCunzolo is the guy sellng these and they are of an awesome quality. They even have grease fittings if you need to grease them in the future. He doesn't have a website, but you can hit him on FB or IG (@anthonydicunzolo) or email him at tonyuep@aol.com He's great to work with and always hits you right back to answer any questions.

As for the ride, well, you notice the difference the instant you crank up the engine. It just makes the car feel solid and the 1-2 shifts are WAY more direct. It was a huge difference shifting and completely changes the way the car accelerates, a lot more solid. The shifts are firm and everyday driving isn't harsh like solid mounts. Definitely worth it and a very easy install.

Full disclosure, there is a slight bit of additional NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness). Not much, but it IS there. I personally don't care about NVH and with all the mods I have done, this the least of my concerns, lol. But tbh, even if it was a daily driver, it really isn't bad at all...but I do understand, it's all relative...

Anyway, hit me up for any questions on the install or anything else...

JC3xEjqzRnyV_BA?width=321&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg
YtIKJfhLlVsqqFA?width=321&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

0EDROkhOxv5_4-A?width=256&height=256&cropmode=none.jpg
jSdUTSICCOPBUug?width=256&height=256&cropmode=none.jpg

bSMt-ueHVlV_llA?width=256&height=256&cropmode=none.jpg
qgnqS4Gh3byunCQ?width=256&height=256&cropmode=none.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had those installed for a while, they're worth every penny. On top of that, Tony is a great guy

Another benefit you didn't list is that it helps cut down torque steer, almost getting rid of it entirely.

Yes, there is some slight increase in NVH, but it gets better after a while. I personally like it, kind of brings some life into the dumbed down steering wheel feeling.

Nice product!!

I daily drive my BII with solid engine mounts and a urethane trans mount..... once you do that you will never go back to rubber isolators
Puts the driver so in touch with the road!!!
Rubber mounts are for soccer moms!

how tough was the install/ Looks like a way stronger piece!

I would like to get a set of these. I email the guy over the weekend but still no response. Is the guy usually pretty good at responding to emails? Just wondering if mine got thrown in his junk folder

Can you please give us a rough cost of the parts so we know what we are looking at for the mod? Thank you.

I would like to get a set of these. I email the guy over the weekend but still no response. Is the guy usually pretty good at responding to emails? Just wondering if mine got thrown in his junk folder

Hmm, not sure, he got right back to me, but I was contacting him mostly through IG. I know he's active on there. Try that if you have an IG account.

Can you please give us a rough cost of the parts so we know what we are looking at for the mod? Thank you.

It wasn't too bad, around $200 or so, iirc. But you'll have to hit him up to get exact pricing, I don't want to commit him to that price as things change.

Sorry to revive an old thread but this has been very helpful to solving an issue I have. I recently bought a 2018 Explorer Sport and noticed that there was an unused bracket under the front of the engine. There is no front transmission support at all. I took it back to Ford since it's a CPO and under warranty anyway. They said that the vehicle has updated trans mount and roll restrictor mount and ford deems it not necessary to have. Does anyone know if this is true? It sounds suspicious and like they are taking the lazy way out. I'm tempted to buy the parts myself and re-install because the car feels very spongey on acceleration.

Thanks for any help!

Joe

Welcome to the Forum Joe. :wave:

Peter

Sorry to revive an old thread but this has been very helpful to solving an issue I have. I recently bought a 2018 Explorer Sport and noticed that there was an unused bracket under the front of the engine. There is no front transmission support at all. I took it back to Ford since it's a CPO and under warranty anyway. They said that the vehicle has updated trans mount and roll restrictor mount and ford deems it not necessary to have. Does anyone know if this is true? It sounds suspicious and like they are taking the lazy way out. I'm tempted to buy the parts myself and re-install because the car feels very spongey on acceleration.

Thanks for any help!

Joe

Someone reported something similar 'recently' (last few months) on a 'newer' Explorer (maybe a 16 or newer, I can't fully remember).

My '14 has the front mount, but maybe they removed it for the reasons you mentioned (and cost).

If the brackets are there and you just need the mount, I would say it would be easy to install. Couple bolts and the mount. Easy to access as well.

Thanks for any help!

Joe
Yes. We only have a single mount, the rear-most one (2018 owner also)

Thanks for the replies. Since the bracket is there, I'm just going to install it for "peace of mind".

It’s possible it was a vibration/noise reduction attempt as well. The more solid you Mount something the more harmonics and vibrations will be.

That being said, I’d want it.

It’s possible it was a vibration/noise reduction attempt as well. The more solid you Mount something the more harmonics and vibrations will be.

That being said, I’d want it.
A little more NVH won't bother me at all. Add to that I'm chasing a clunking from the front suspension and this will maybe help cross drivetrain movement off the list. I already found a very loose axle to hub nut.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the replies. Since the bracket is there, I'm just going to install it for "peace of mind".
Strange, mine didn't have the "frame side" mount, only the mounts on the trans itself.

Back