More help needed with seats in 2014 PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

More help needed with seats in 2014 PIU

16vcabman

Reaction score
City, State
Ortonville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
Hello and need some help with police seats to leather Explorer seats from a 2013 explorer. They plugged in and power works on left and see right needs power no problem. Here is issue, airbag light came on. I don't have a scanner so can't get data. Was wondering if Explorer seats have wires swapped in connector? Or is seat air bag culprit. Thanks for any guidance. Car had battery disconnected for 15 minutes before unplugging and then had car running and the light came on in dash.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the 2nd row seats have the airbag seatbelts or did they originally? That could likely be the problem.

Peter

Hello and need some help with police seats to leather Explorer seats from a 2013 explorer. They plugged in and power works on left and see right needs power no problem. Here is issue, airbag light came on. I don't have a scanner so can't get data. Was wondering if Explorer seats have wires swapped in connector? Or is seat air bag culprit. Thanks for any guidance. Car had battery disconnected for 15 minutes before unplugging and then had car running and the light came on in dash.
Not that I'd want to do this but could disassemble your Police seats and swap the air bag seat sensor and wiring, if you know it was good in the old seats and suspect the new one might be bad, you could do this but I'm sure that is a huge PIA! but at least you know you have working sensors in those.

I was given my seats from the guy I purchased from, so don't now what they came out of but I thought 11-14/15 were all supposed to be compatible with no change in sensors. Maybe just doublecheck the wiring and plugs under the seat and in the larger on in the floor.

Not that I'd want to do this but could disassemble your Police seats and swap the air bag seat sensor and wiring, if you know it was good in the old seats and suspect the new one might be bad, you could do this but I'm sure that is a huge PIA! but at least you know you have working sensors in those.

I was given my seats from the guy I purchased from, so don't now what they came out of but I thought 11-14/15 were all supposed to be compatible with no change in sensors. Maybe just doublecheck the wiring and plugs under the seat and in the larger on in the floor.
Thanks for your reply. Actually found out that if the car had an airbag deployment any airbags have to be reset. I took them back and got others from a different yard and all is well now.

Do the 2nd row seats have the airbag seatbelts or did they originally? That could likely be the problem.

Peter
Hi Peter, it was the from the front seats. I did some research and if an airbag deployed, any that didn't have to be reset before use again. I got other seats and problem went away.

Back