2020 XLT loses power | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

edc37027

Reaction score
City, State
Brentwood
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Wow! Bought 2020 XLT on 6/24/20 and 24 hours later I'm returning it for service, 114 miles old.

Car lost all acceleration simply going down the street. RPMs would rev up when pressing gas pedal, but SUV wouldn't respond. Had to stop in middle of highway, put in park, then re-engage transmission. Happened again shortly afterwards, and this time the SUV wouldn't go into park. More dangerous this time as I was on a major highway with cars having to avoid me. Had to stop in the road, completely shut off vehicle, and restart.

This is dangerous. Was able to record a video of the incident that will definitely be shown. Research shows Ford has serious issues with 2020 Explorer model and knows about them. Stay tuned. This could get messy with Ford. Simply Google 2020 Ford Explorer issues. It's bad.

Waiting to see dealership/Ford solution. Dealer claims "computer" issue. Anxiously awaiting their answer tomorrow when they get the SUV back and hook it up to diagnose.

6/26/20 UPDATE: All good! Ended up needing a computer module reprogram. Now it runs like it's supposed to...great dealer!

with 114 miles on it I'd demand another vehicle or a refund. That's crazy.
I've had lots of problems with my Platinum but I waited too long hoping the dealer could fix it. I'm stuck now with 2,500
I might be full of it cause I'm not sure what your options are but fixing it wouldn't be one of them if I had a choice.

with 114 miles on it I'd demand another vehicle or a refund. That's crazy.
I've had lots of problems with my Platinum but I waited too long hoping the dealer could fix it. I'm stuck now with 2,500
I might be full of it cause I'm not sure what your options are but fixing it wouldn't be one of them if I had a choice.

Agree with you. Hope they still have my trade-in. I might be wanting it back. The video should validate everything. We'll see...

Back