2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid Ordered (Canada) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid Ordered (Canada)

Justin_adv

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid
I ordered my 2020 FEH 2 weeks ago (February 23rd). I'm a little nervous since I purchased the hybrid without a test drive (they only had the 2.3L) so I went off the reviews to make the decision.

The dealership stated it would take 12 weeks to be delivered, I'm wondering if the hybrids take longer to be delivered than the non-hybrids?

I have an order number and dealer code - is there any way to track the vehicle without the VIN?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered my 2020 FEH 2 weeks ago (February 23rd). I'm a little nervous since I purchased the hybrid without a test drive (they only had the 2.3L) so I went off the reviews to make the decision.

The dealership stated it would take 12 weeks to be delivered, I'm wondering if the hybrids take longer to be delivered than the non-hybrids?

I have an order number and dealer code - is there any way to track the vehicle without the VIN?

Not that I'm aware of, lots of vehicles out there being built, shipped, prepped and delivered. Serial number is the only way to do that.

My Aviator Hybrid was ordered last August and it took five months to the day, for my dealer to receive it.

Don’t get your hopes up on a 12 week turnaround. I ordered mine on November 9th, and I only just got my VIN number 4 weeks ago. It took 3 months for them to just pull the order, and they didn’t even do that until the priority was changed from 20 to 1 at the end if Janruary. Then it got a VIN number 2 weeks after that, then nothing for 4 weeks. I reached out to Ford on Facebook because the dealer didn’t seem to get much information, and they told me it’s in the “order processing” state which is what it’s been in for 4 weeks. I was told that it should have been built 2 weeks ago. Personally, I am close to giving up that this vehicle will every come. Not the dealerships fault (other than the lower priority number from the beginning), but man, I’m 2 weeks away from it being the 5 month mark, and all I have to show for my deposit is a VIN.

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It'll take a little time as well to ship it out to the West coast.

Peter

I received my VIN about 4weeks ago now. The build date was moved from July 8th to the 23rd so fingers crossed...

Can the dealer change the order priority code this late in the process?

The silver lining is I should get employee pricing layered onto the deal when I receive it.

I recieved my Vin about 4weeks ago now. The build date was moved from July 8th to the 23rd so fingers crossed...

The silver lining is I should get employee pricing layered onto the deal when I receive it.

Our SUV arrived this week. Honestly, we gave up in March and purchased an edge. After hearing all the troubles with the production and issues, I’m glad we did. 9 month delivery... even with COVID... still too long.

I received my VIN about 4weeks ago now. The build date was moved from July 8th to the 23rd so fingers crossed...

July 23rd, that's 10 days after they begin accepting orders for the 2021 models. You said you "should" get Employee Pricing. Does that mean it was in effect when you placed the order?
I'm not sure about the priority but I doubt the dealer can change the it at this point since it was likely already taken into account when scheduling the build. Good luck.

Peter

July 23rd, that's 10 days after they begin accepting orders for the 2021 models. You said you "should" get Employee Pricing. Does that mean it was in effect when you placed the order?
I'm not sure about the priority but I doubt the dealer can change the it at this point since it was likely already taken into account when scheduling the build. Good luck.

Peter

10 days after 2021 orders but still producing 2020 models.

When did the 2021 Explorer started being built?

Production was scheduled for September 23rd.

Peter

I really hope this helps even though i may be a bit too late
The order banks for the 2021 Ford Explorer officially opened up on July 13th, 2020. Production will begin on September 21st, 2020 at the automaker's Chicago Assembly Plant, where the Explorer is built alongside the Lincoln Aviator

Back