OEM vs Whipple intercooler.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
85673F26-C8FD-470E-A3A5-04E27FF94CFB.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing the top one is OEM?

Doesn't the intercooler now block off a segment of the radiator cooling capacity?

Doesn't the intercooler now block off a segment of the radiator cooling capacity?
Looks like what you see is the AC condenser and the radiator would be behind it. In theory yes, but I would assume the fans will be able to pick up the slack.

A lower temp thermostat and having a tune to turn on the fans sooner would negate any loss of airflow.

It’s been tested extensively By Whipple and others with no detrimental cooling effects.

It’s been tested extensively By Whipple and others with no detrimental cooling effects.

Is there any instructions sent with the intercooler, or a guide anywhere else online that show what fasteners (and quantity), and body components need to be removed for this? Or is it one of those "dedicate 3-6 hours of removing sh*t until you get access..."

I can see that potentially ending poorly for me, so just curious. This is my only vehicle to haul a couple kids around, so I want to mitigate messing something up.

I have an install guide someone put together that notes every nut, bolts and screw and in what order they need to come out. Lemme know if you ever need it...it was invaluable to me when I did it. Budget about 4 hours start to finish.

I have an install guide someone put together that notes every nut, bolts and screw and in what order they need to come out. Lemme know if you ever need it...it was invaluable to me when I did it. Budget about 4 hours start to finish.

Can you please send me the install guide?

Back