2001 EXP SPORT FRONT END SWAP TO 2ND GEN EXP. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 EXP SPORT FRONT END SWAP TO 2ND GEN EXP.

TRNSCNDNT

Reaction score
City, State
El Cajón, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi there everybody!
Besides being new on the forum, I'm also new on anything related to Explorers, I've had 2 2nd gens so far and have loved them.
My question is:
Do any of you know if as the thread says: "swap a 98 front end to a 2001 exp sport"?
Been looking around for information but nothing clear, just a post over Pinterest but it was done though fibers, I was thinking about a "regular" swap.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Well you could do it but the body lines wont match up

Your sport has some body lines that travel from the front fenders down the doors, if you put the 95-01 style front clip on there you will not match up with those lines........ I prefer the 01-04 Sport and Sport trac front clip myself! But I do like things that are different.... perhaps a 98-01 Mountaineer front clip would be a good goal.

Well you could do it but the body lines wont match up

Your sport has some body lines that travel from the front fenders down the doors, if you put the 95-01 style front clip on there you will not match up with those lines........ I prefer the 01-04 Sport and Sport trac front clip myself! But I do like things that are different.... perhaps a 98-01 Mountaineer front clip would be a good goal.

Haha, I'm so sorry. I typed it the wrong way.
Meant to ask 2001 Sport front end swap to a 2nd gen.
But thanks a lot for your reply

2001 IS a 2nd gen, so there should be little to no difference, or am I missing something in your question?

Back