• Register Today It's free!

XLT COBRA

Rouche13

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
I am currently in the research phase of putting together a DOHC Cobra powered Explorer. Its a 2002 with 4X4. I have noticed a couple of people in this forum either attempting or completing a DOHC swap. Does anyone have any advice? Were you able to make the climate controls work? Did you need different power steering lines?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am currently in the research phase of putting together a DOHC Cobra powered Explorer. Its a 2002 with 4X4. I have noticed a couple of people in this forum either attempting or completing a DOHC swap. Does anyone have any advice? Were you able to make the climate controls work? Did you need different power steering lines?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have done this swap. Pretty straight forward as long as you are starting with a v8 Explorer. Almost everything bolts up, I used a lot of aviator parts also. I am using a stock explorer pcm with a custom tune. All my climate control works like factory.I had to bend 1 power steering line to fit. Feel free to message me with any questions. Or search “project Explobra” for my build thread. My picture links were broken from photobucket, but I still have them.

so did you use the explorer compressor or the cobra one?

I have done this swap. Pretty straight forward as long as you are starting with a v8 Explorer. Almost everything bolts up, I used a lot of aviator parts also. I am using a stock explorer pcm with a custom tune. All my climate control works like factory.I had to bend 1 power steering line to fit. Feel free to message me with any questions. Or search “project Explobra” for my build thread. My picture links were broken from photobucket, but I still have them.
SO did you use the cobra or EX compressor?

Explorer a/c compressor

Sct pro racer software with an X3 programmer

Back