Will ford release Sync V 3.4 on the Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will ford release Sync V 3.4 on the Explorer

I just got my used 2019 last Tuesday and updated my Synce 3. Do I have the latest version its now on Sync 3.0 Build 19205? Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got my used 2019 last Tuesday and updated my Sync 3. Do I have the latest version its now on Sync 3.0 Build 19205? Thank you

I believe that is the latest directly from Ford but not 3.4. It seems Ford has no plans to update 3.0 to 3.4.

You can use this tool:

I just did this on my 2017 Limited and it worked just fine. Just follow the directions and you should be fine. I am running Sync version 3.4.20136

I believe that is the latest directly from Ford but not 3.4. It seems Ford has no plans to update 3.0 to 3.4.

You can use this tool:

I just did this on my 2017 Limited and it worked just fine. Just follow the directions and you should be fine. I am running Sync version 3.4.20136

Do you mind posting a pic of sync 3.4, also what's the improvements/differences from version 3.0? I'm brand new to the forum, but not ford. I also have owned/own a 2012 f150, 2016 f150, and 2016 fusion.

Is 3.4 just a simple usb thumb drive update like any other?

Do you mind posting a pic of sync 3.4, also what's the improvements/differences from version 3.0? I'm brand new to the forum, but not ford. I also have owned/own a 2012 f150, 2016 f150, and 2016 fusion.

Upgrading to 3.4 this way will void any warranty you have on the SYNC APIM. I would not recommend it.

It's a brand new version and it reformats the Sync system to fit 3.4 on it.

Ford has no plans to update 3.0 to 3.4. What I can tell is because it requires a reformat of Sync 3 which can take up to 60 minutes if you have navigation.

Here is a what's new video:

Upgrading to 3.4 this way will void any warranty you have on the SYNC APIM. I would not recommend it.

Probably but I have a 2017 so it's out of warranty now due to miles.

Though I will say this, 3.4 is a lot better than 3.0

Yeah, while it looks ok, doesnt seem worth the risk...

Think if i had base, i would be looking at aftermarket.

Crutchfield has some excellent info on the 2013 with base stereo.

My apim is from 2018 model. Not sure if it mskes a difference, but mine works flawlessly and am running beta version of IOS 14, along with CarPlay2Air wireless adapter. I am probably pushing it a little, but whatever. I do have a 2019 apim to fall back on😎

My apim is from 2018 model. Not sure if it mskes a difference, but mine works flawlessly and am running beta version of IOS 14, along with CarPlay2Air wireless adapter. I am probably pushing it a little, but whatever. I do have a 2019 apim to fall back on😎

Do you know if theres a wireless adapter for Android Auto?

There are several out
04C0D752-71B1-4FCC-9610-5318B3321422.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back